Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

2 hours ago, BlueStar said:

Looked class today from the East Stand. Anyone have a shot of Monty Magpie opening the CL ball banner? 

Fair to say Monty the Magpie is enjoying the ride as well. What a long way its been!

image.thumb.png.f4c75a6dba4ab09c66812b783aef1357.png

Edited by Amir_9

Just been watching the highlights again. I love the way the Hello Hello display in the Leazes has the white trim to it tapering off. Similar white edging on the Gallowgate too. Little touches like that are amazing, what a phenomenal night it was.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Heron said:

Wednesday could be the best yet if everyone holds up their card and foil flags...

I'm guessing being in the barracks I'll just be paying witness to the glory?

I'll swing my scarf (or flag if available) like a tit Instead:indi:

4 hours ago, NE27 said:

I'm guessing being in the barracks I'll just be paying witness to the glory?

I'll swing my scarf (or flag if available) like a tit Instead:indi:

49k cards and foil flags this time mate. So you'll be as much a part of it as everyone else ;)

16 minutes ago, Cookie1892 said:

Anyone else see two lads walking with a massive flag after the match on saturday?

All the way from the ground past the haymarket bus station and down past city hall?

Was a massive surfer type flag

Was it poled or unpoled mate?

1 hour ago, Cookie1892 said:

unpoled, they were carrying it over their shoulders, was 2 of them but should have been 3 carrying as it was that big

Cheers for alerting. Apparently some of the lads and and lasses have seen about it. Uncertain as to whether it's one of ours from the images.

"Another Champions League night at St James’ Park. 

St James’ Park was simply magical against Paris St Germain, the atmosphere will live long in the memory as much as the result.

Every single seat has been covered in the ground with either a piece of card or a foil flag, set to portray a fantastic image as we are once again beamed around the world. 

If you have a piece of card on your seat, please hold it up (with the clear side facing the pitch) as the players come out of the tunnel and keep it raised for the Champions League anthem. If you have a foil flag, please also keep it waving throughout. 

Some seats will have some of the normal black and white wavers in them, please DO NOT use these until after the main display is finished. Each seat is key to making St James’ Park look spectacular with the item you’ve been provided with.

A huge amount of work has gone into this fully fan funded display over the last few days, and now it’s up to everyone inside the ground to make that work pay off. Thank you to every single one of you! 

Just like PSG, get there early, make it loud as we hopefully roar the lads on to another victory.

HOWAY THE LADS!!"