Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Get one of them massive ones made to pass round from the Gallowgate/Milburn corner, all the way round the East stand to the Leazes/Milburn corner and then back again.    Could really do with a flag/singing section in the Leazes as well to bump things up a notch or two.

I wouldn't waste your time with the Leazes End. Complete lost cause is that place.

No more so than the rest of the stadium. Hoping changing where the away fans sit along with a club initiative will help.

Nah there's still quite a few younguns up in L7 that make an effort and the Strawberry Corner is still canny and once in a blue moon the rest of the Gallowgate join in and get going. The Leazes End has been terrible for a long time now. They just sit there in silence other than to have a bit moan on. Like you say moving the away fans should perk up the atmosphere a bit.

Yeah strawberry corner is the only part of the ground with any noise now. Even those in L7 next to the fans now are shocking. Fingers crossed improvement comes.

I sit up next to the away fans. There is often noise made by those up there, unfortunately that area of the ground is full of radgie kids who sing generic songs and think they are mint. They do make a bit of noise but it doesn't travel well. The strawberry corner is the best now though.

Get one of them massive ones made to pass round from the Gallowgate/Milburn corner, all the way round the East stand to the Leazes/Milburn corner and then back again.    Could really do with a flag/singing section in the Leazes as well to bump things up a notch or two.

I wouldn't waste your time with the Leazes End. Complete lost cause is that place.

Get a new fucking drum man you dickhead.

Get a new f***ing drum man you dickhead.

Think I'll just keep hold of this one. Another one might get under your skin as much.

It's miserable bas*ards like you who've ruined it man. You're just too thick to see it.

Just to let you know lads we've ordered a 6m high by 5 m wide silhouette type flag of Rafa, it will be held up by 3 8m poles so it should look mint, hopefully be here for the villa game. Another thing we are going to try and push is for all fans to start bringing scarves to the match to twirl, wave of whatever ( can't think what else like!). We're trying anything to try and improve the atmosphere as I think you'll all agree QPR was a new low and frankly embarrassing as it was live. Saturday was a lot lot better but sadly it's only really the corner and sometimes the main gallowgate that generates any noise. One positive was that when the Blaydon Races was sung in the last minute it went all round the ground and was imo spine tingling, this proves it can still be done but some folk need a push , we're hoping we can in some way help with this push. HWTL.

If some got a 'like' for every song sung at the match then we'd have the best atmosphere in the World.  The likes of mobiles have ruined it as it distracts attention.

A daft idea I know but if the club had some sort of contraption that monitored crowd noise (and displayed the decibel level and time above certain levels) then money off tickets and other incentives could be offered if the atmosphere was a certain level and above for a minimum amount of time of something like 30 minutes out of the 90.  I'll repeat, it's a daft idea but it worked in my head.  :cheesy:

Just to let you know lads we've ordered a 6m high by 5 m wide silhouette type flag of Rafa, it will be held up by 3 8m poles so it should look mint, hopefully be here for the villa game. Another thing we are going to try and push is for all fans to start bringing scarves to the match to twirl, wave of whatever ( can't think what else like!). We're trying anything to try and improve the atmosphere as I think you'll all agree QPR was a new low and frankly embarrassing as it was live. Saturday was a lot lot better but sadly it's only really the corner and sometimes the main gallowgate that generates any noise. One positive was that when the Blaydon Races was sung in the last minute it went all round the ground and was imo spine tingling, this proves it can still be done but some folk need a push , we're hoping we can in some way help with this push. HWTL.

:clap:

Yes! Magnificent - well done all!

• 2 weeks later...