Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

So should the club stop helping with the organisation of food bank collections since it has nothing to do with Football?  Ofcourse not.

I didn't realise the club were organising this. I thought it was a Gallowgate Flags initiative.

Why would it matter who organised it?

Because as I've said I'd rather Gallowgate Flags concentrated on football related displays in an attempt to improve the atmosphere at matches.

But the point is, should we stop Collections for food banks?

Gallowgate Flags don't do Food Bank collections so I'm not sure what point it is you're trying to make. Newcastle United doing food bank collections is a great initiative that benefits less fortunate people in the community. Gallowgate Flags were set up to try to improve the abysmal atmosphere at SJP.

Didn't you say earlier, 'it's got nothing to do with football'

Jesus, can't wait until Dulwich hamlet break into the premier league, I can see some of you unable to go to games because football has become too real ale, too welcoming. :lol:

It's a fucking flag celebrating the diversity of our support and it is fucking great. Makes me proud.

God forbid there are any flags for other sections of our support flown, Wallsend mags, no need, Alnwick mags, sickening, Irish mags, shit the bed.

It is not imposing anything on you. Embrace it or not, it is a flag to support the team and does not make you gay or a subject of ridicule by association.

I fear this may create a negative reaction by odd knob heads on match day but if the kid who had it made is willing to wear his heart on his sleeve I don't see why that is an issue and we should all welcome that as a United (pun intended) fan base.

As someone who helps out for GF though I have expressed my concern to others involved that this does indeed set a precedent and advised that we would be criticised by some sections for becoming political.

Nonetheless, as a group we were wanting fans to take initiative to get their own flags done and this kid has publicly done that. If everyone complaining got off his case and made their own flags then it would simply drown that out and GF wouldn't be required.

We're discussing plans for Spurs and hopefully we will have some new flags on display of our own.

FWIW I do think football is becoming overly sanitised from a personal point of view but maybe not in aspects relating to homophobia and racism as really they don't belong in society.

P.S. The overzealous reactions of the PC brigade on here get so tedious at times. Alreet people might not have your views but at least engage...

Guest neesy111

Could be a gay player in the NUFC squad too for all we know. Seeing a flag like this in the St James' crowd could encourage him, who knows

'encourage him' to do what?

Come out.

Heard the lads against this are against poppies on the shirts because they hate PC madness. Keep 'politics' out of football.

Anyway for those that are absewlewtly fewming you'll all be able to spot the bloke(s) with the flag. There you go...

Guest firetotheworks

Could be a gay player in the NUFC squad too for all we know. Seeing a flag like this in the St James' crowd could encourage him, who knows

Follow his real dream of being a dancer, obviously.

Learn to drive

Learn to drive

Would be a delicious twist if, as a result of this, Crumpy is propositioned by a strapping young gay mid reverse around a corner.

P.S. The overzealous reactions of the PC brigade on here get so tedious at times. Alreet people might not have your views but at least engage...

I hate political correctness gone mad as much as anyone -

I don't wanna teach the world to sing. But, you know, Justin Fashanu, Graeme Le Saux - it's just not on. Whereas, Hitzlsperger, this flag, you've gotta say "fair enough," yeah?

Question for Heron, is this now a GF flag or just one that you have endorsed? Will it be part of all GF displays?

Spurs and Arsenal have similar flags displayed in their grounds but both have related supporter groups, afaik we dont have one. If for whatever reason (he gets scared or simply isn't attending) will issues be raised if it isnt displayed, will our fans be seen as non supportive or homophobic? Obviously if the flag is owned by a group (GF or otherwise) the chances of this would be significantly reduced.

As an organisation which is now seen as reflective of our fans I think GF need to be careful doing/endorsing things that are divisive in any way. For example would Sack Pardew banners have been part of GF displays?

NOTE - Im not for or against this flag, just concerned about this problems is has caused and could potentially cause