Matz Sels

Guest hindu times

Any chance we can offload this useless sack of shite in January, especially now Elliot is fit again.

"Elliot" and "fit" should never be used in the same sentence.

'There's no way Elliott will fit through there'

Just a repeat of what happened with Thauvin. That "Soft as s****" stuff down at Watford when he'd been given 2 minutes as usual was pathetic.

Cabella got that treatment at Villa away a couple of seasons ago too. Never seems to happen to Perez though who's the worst of the lot.

I think Perez gets slightly away with it with the crowds because he's actually put some good performances for the club albeit quite a while ago now

Not saying it's  right to give any player stick btw

Damien Duff deserved it. He was dogshit.

People grossly exaggerate the amount of stick players get like. Very few have received genuine hostility over the years.

You're right. Other than the odd groan I've never heard a player get really bad stick at Newcastle in years. I think back to when I first started going to the match regularly and poor Wayne Fereday would get absolute pelters if the ball went anywhere near him and he would only have been on a few hundred quid a week for his troubles.

People grossly exaggerate the amount of stick players get like. Very few have received genuine hostility over the years.

You're right. Other than the odd groan I've never heard a player get really bad stick at Newcastle in years. I think back to when I first started going to the match regularly and poor Wayne Fereday would get absolute pelters if the ball went anywhere near him and he would only have been on a few hundred quid a week for his troubles.

Remember Billy Whitehurst getting stick and him giving the crowd two fingers when he was subbed.

The most 'demoralising' reception that I can recall for one of our players was actually from Liverpool fans in '04 when Anfield gave Titus Bramble a standing ovation and started laughing as he was coming on as a sub for us.

The most 'demoralising' reception that I can recall for one of our players was actually from Liverpool fans in '04 when Anfield gave Titus Bramble a standing ovation and started laughing as he was coming on as a sub for us.

I was at that game and recall it well. Amusing looking back at it now.

• 5 months later...
Guest taps01

Going Anderlecht on loan for a year.

That helps  :rolleyes:

Well it gets him in the shop window for the season plus I'd imagine they will be paying his wages.

Going Anderlecht on loan for a year.

That helps  :rolleyes:

Well it gets him in the shop window for the season plus I'd imagine they will be paying his wages.

Hope this particular shop window is blacked out.

Buy now, try later.

I suspect nobody will be willing to buy him.

Matz Sels, but who's buying?

Would rather he went to a coastal club to get his sea shellz business up and running.

Comments made about Matz Sels here are why we should loan out Freddie Woodman. Goalkeepers aren't given many chances. Rob Elliot isn't liked on this forum but Rafa seems to rate him as our best keeper. Sels looked shaky for us in the 10 games or so he started so he's now written off. He was good in Belgium. He may never make it in England but it doesn't mean we should give him away. The reason why we can't sell him back for what we paid is he's on bigger wages than most other leagues can afford. If we have to loan him out so be it.