Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

I don't think Gayle is that great but if he scores 200 goals for us I may reconsider

Not a chance. We will never have a player here long enough to do that and if they were in form to get that figure than bigger clubs will buy him off us.

Unless we get taken over by someone who can provide Man City levels of funding or money falls out of the game then I can't ever the Shearer's record being broken.

:lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Kind of disappointed, should we gain promotion I'd like to see a top-class striker wearing the number 9.

Go get some goals though.... that's what is demanded of the shirt.

Dwight Gayle

By Anthony Marshall - Newcastle United Managing Editor

Dwight Gayle became Newcastle United's latest number nine with the blessing of teammate Aleksandar Mitrovic.

Former Crystal Palace front man Gayle was handed the iconic squad number - which has been worn by the likes of Alan Shearer, Malcolm Macdonald and Jackie Milburn on Tyneside - on Thursday morning, just over 24 hours before the Magpies kick off their Sky Bet Championship campaign at Fulham.

Bit more detail from .cock:

Manager Rafa Benitez revealed that both Gayle and Serbian striker Mitrovic had set their sights on the vacant shirt, but that there is no bad feeling between the pair, who will look to fire United back into the top flight at first time of asking.

"In the end they decided," Benitez revealed.

"I wanted to organise a finishing competition to see who would get the number nine.

"They are both strikers who would normally will score more goals. In the end, Mitro was telling him 'listen, take the number nine'.

"It was not a big issue. The atmosphere is good. I have had a conversation with both. At the beginning they both wanted the number nine but after talking between them it was easy.

"I'm really pleased because they understand the main thing is to be on the pitch and score goals."

A finishing competition. :lol:

I have them with the Mrs. Would be a bit strange Mitro & Gayle doing it too mind.

:lol: Reminds me of Steve Backley being asked about his collection of Olympic and World silver medals. "My girlfriend doesn't mind me always coming second."

Rafa is fucking ruthless like. He even makes them believe it was their decision. :lol:

Got an image of them talking with Rafa standing behind Gayle just staring at Mitro with the 'Let your brother play too' look my Dad used to give us :lol:

A finishing competition. :lol:

I have them with the Mrs. Would be a bit strange Mitro & Gayle doing it too mind.

:lol: Reminds me of Steve Backley being asked about his collection of Olympic and World silver medals. "My girlfriend doesn't mind me always coming second."

:lol:

No semblance of a partnership or understanding with Perez tonight, which is understandable really. Looking forward to him playing alongside Mitrovic, who should occupy centre halves and create a bit more room for him.

Thought his movement looked decent enough and he looks quite quick but complete lack of service.

Really think we need Mitrovic back to give us a bit of presence upfront though - especially if we are using Ritchie to deliver crosses into the box.

He put himself about and held up the ball a couple of times but the style of play gave him no chance. I think he's going to be good but Mitro will have to come in when available.

:thup: I agree completely