Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

Should be playing tomorrow, as a few of my mates who are close to him have gone up for the game/weekend and they only go if he's playing (not Newcastle fans).

ITK

“He’s fine.

“Dwight is training with the fitness coach, so hopefully he can carry on training this week.

“If everything if fine, I think he will be OK for Sunday.

“He needs the confidence to know he can sprint and do everything as he was doing before.

“It’s a question of confidence, so we will carry on pushing him in training and hopefully we can get back the confidence.

“It’s not his hamstring - it’s more the feeling that he has.

“He’s not comfortable and we don’t want to take any risks.”

“He’s fine.

“Dwight is training with the fitness coach, so hopefully he can carry on training this week.

“If everything if fine, I think he will be OK for Sunday.

“He needs the confidence to know he can sprint and do everything as he was doing before.

“It’s a question of confidence, so we will carry on pushing him in training and hopefully we can get back the confidence.

“It’s not his hamstring - it’s more the feeling that he has.

“He’s not comfortable and we don’t want to take any risks.”

Bench at best really isn't it ?

Then again there was that lass from Wolves who reckoned he stormed out of training etc because we refused to let him go there.

:coolsmiley:

Someone on twitter was claiming we're likely to sell him before the window shuts, claimed to know him. I'll see if I can find it again.

Should be playing tomorrow, as a few of my mates who are close to him have gone up for the game/weekend and they only go if he's playing (not Newcastle fans).

ITK

Maybe they're sitting with him?

Yeah apologies I got this wrong, maybe should have asked before commenting. They've gone up to spend time with him his family, I've asked about what's wrong him Dwight and been told it's a hamstring problem. I'm not claiming to be ITK just passing on what I've been told by a friend who is close to Dwight

ITK

Maybe they're sitting with him?

Yeah apologies I got this wrong, maybe should have asked before commenting. They've gone up to spend time with him his family, I've asked about what's wrong him Dwight and been told it's a hamstring problem. I'm not claiming to be ITK just passing on what I've been told by a friend who is close to Dwight

I'm sure hamstrings don't exist, just footballers throwing a sickie.

Disastrous for our season if Gayle isn't ready. If that's the case we really need to drop £20m on a striker.

It's not a disaster if he's not ready. Depends how 'not ready' he is. Crazy as it may sound I think we'd do better against Spurs with Mitro and Perez up top, anyway.

Then it's Huddersfield and whilst Gayle would likely destroy them, we should still have enough. If this squad is supposed to be good enough.

Maybe a sub appearance against Hudders then a proper runout in the Rumbelows Cup and he'll be ready for West Ham?

Having said all that, we do need a back up, for Gayle. And his unreadiness should certainly serve as a gentle reminder of this fact.

Same problems he had at CP.  I think that's why he spent most of his time there as an impact sub.  Worrying really with no suitable replacement

Gayle will be a massive asset for Newcastle, he's not the problem. The problem is not having another striker of Premier class who can share the role with him this season.