Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

Tbf, our form initially after his first injury was fine but our goals scored suffered when Mitro started his run of games in February.

I'm not entirely putting our bad 2nd half season on his injury, something doesn't feel right for me with how we are playing.

Aye.  Seems to be way more hoofing and our passing and movement has slowed down. 

Players that are that explosive generally have tighter hamstrings, it's part of the reason they're so quick. Ergo they suffer a lot more injuries. If he learnt to be play within himself a bit, he'd be injured less. He's got enough awareness around him to still be effective without a yard of pace or so.

Would rather have him at 90% for 38/46 games than 100% for 20-25.

Really? I have the tightest hamstrings in the world and I'm far from explosive.

Players that are that explosive generally have tighter hamstrings, it's part of the reason they're so quick. Ergo they suffer a lot more injuries. If he learnt to be play within himself a bit, he'd be injured less. He's got enough awareness around him to still be effective without a yard of pace or so.

:lol: fair enough

Tbf, our form initially after his first injury was fine but our goals scored suffered when Mitro started his run of games in February.

I'm not entirely putting our bad 2nd half season on his injury, something doesn't feel right for me with how we are playing.

I tend to agree it's bigger than one player however the shape of the team is so focused on Gayle being the man up top, the replacements Mitro and Murphy are totally different players and that requires a different way of playing, hell he's even tried playing Gouf up there in the hope that he is more similar to Gayle.

Personally I am more worried about the lack of impact from whomever has been given the number 10 role, his system is dependent so much on having quality in both those roles, we've lacked it badly.

Aye.  Seems to be way more hoofing and our passing and movement has slowed down. 

But then again we were great against Leeds, honestly think it's a combination of quality, confidence and fatigue. Just think we've run out of steam a little.

All cats have four legs, therefore my dog is a cat.

Bellamy used to get a lot of these injuries with us after going on explosive goalscoring / assisting runs. It's common for players like those, which is why we need proper backup. Like the SHOLA OF OLD!

Bellamy used to get a lot of these injuries with us after going on explosive goalscoring / assisting runs. It's common for players like those, which is why we need proper backup. Like the SHOLA OF OLD!

Wasn't Lomana the like for like replacement?

It's not the reason they are quick, but quickness is the reason they are more susceptible to this type of injury. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Congratulations to the lad, I had my doubts when we signed him, but that was down to my ignorance of his ability. The perfect signing in the end for Rafa's system, just a shame he had the injury problems, otherwise we would have easily topped 100 points and he would have strolled to the top scorer in the division.

Guest firetotheworks

Not quite, that went to N'golo Kante.

He's won the PFA Championship Fans' player of the year.

...and yet he didn't even win it on here, which I still find really weird, as good as Richie was.

Guest firetotheworks

He only started slightly over half of the games last season. That's why

I think that's still enough to go on considering the impact that he had in those matches.