Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

It's proper sad how desperate some are to write off a 21 year old who's been in Britain for a year like.

He was noticeably better when Rafa came in too, with 4 goals and 2 assists in 10 games (most of which were from the bench).

Yep.

It's proper sad how desperate some are to write off a 21 year old who's been in Britain for a year like.

He was noticeably better when Rafa came in too, with 4 goals and 2 assists in 10 games (most of which were from the bench).

Do you mean sad (:'() or saaad (or 'sexy and delicious')?

Agree he shouldn't be written off, but also get the impression people are unjustifiably excited about him.

I agree with that mind, I think he's looked promising but I don't think he's a certainty to make it in the Premiership. People proper get on his back though, 'misstrovic' etc.

He's capable, but I think it's more of a case of he has to work at it more than others as others have more natural ability than him.

I saw a stat the other day saying he scored 9 goals and got 7 assists, unsure if the assists part is accurate but considering his time spent out with bans and him not always starting games I think he had a decent first season in the prem already for his age, I reckon another season in the champ with us hopefully getting promoted will be the making of him and he'll score even more in our first season back.

I didn't see it but according to the live updates Mitro headed a couple of chances wide yesterday when well placed. I hope he comes good but I'm far from certain he will. A few of his goals from last season were penalties which gives a slightly different angle on his goals return.

I hope Rafa just picks someone for the number 9 shirt. Otherwise I can see the competing players taking shots when others are better placed, if they're trying to 'win' the number 9 shirt.

Guest firetotheworks

Nowt like being overly dramatic like. [emoji38] Not that I ever called him it, but I can't imagine him losing any sleep over it.

The biggest problem with Mitro is the rash aggression and occasional cheat. If Rafa can sort that out we're good.

Misses loads of chances

Rash aggression

Occasional cheat

In that order...

Still, I've got hopes for him this season.

I saw a stat the other day saying he scored 9 goals and got 7 assists, unsure if the assists part is accurate but considering his time spent out with bans and him not always starting games I think he had a decent first season in the prem already for his age, I reckon another season in the champ with us hopefully getting promoted will be the making of him and he'll score even more in our first season back.

The assist bit is not true, Sissoko had most think 7, Gini 5, not sure on Mitrovic. I think Mitrovic only bagged 5 goals from open play? Was it 4 pens?