Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

Always thought he was decent, but needs to be coming off the bench at most, hardly seen anything from him to suggest otherwise so far

Not the first time I've seen this line, of people saying they always thought he was good. I'm not sure where that comes from, a few sub goals for Palace ? Before he went there tbh, I had zero idea who he was. Was stunned we paid 10 million for him based on the limited amount I had seen and the fact that he couldn't get in a Crystal Palace team.

First couple of games and he looks exactly like I feared he was, like you say he's an impact sub, he's a player you put on later in the game when the players are tired and the game is stretched, utilize his pace. I don't think it's any coincidence that's when he's looked good.

Sorry I was thinking of Dwight Yorke

When was the last time one of our strikers scored a freekick like that? My heart is weeping right now with ghosts of freekick-takers past.

Really gives us some options on free kicks with him and Ritchie there. It would be nice to see him scoring from open play though.

It should not be lost that he (and others like Hayden) have not been playing regular football for the last few years.

Glad to see Gayle get two. Will do wonders for his confidence.

Chuffed for him. Have real confidence in him.

Really delighted he's notched one from open play, too.

Two goals tonight bodes very well for when we finalise the starting line-up with balanced wings and a bigger striker up top alongside him. Could do well this season.