Matt Ritchie rejoins Portsmouth on a free transfer (Official)

Fenham Mag

Nice move for him, back on the South Coast and at his first club. Imagine his leadership and knowledge of that division will come in handy for a newly-promoted side looking to consolidate, although he won't have the legs for Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday anymore so probably plays a squad role.

Hope he does well there.

As a Pompey mush with a soft spot for Eddie Howe and Newcastle (hence why I'm here) this is probably a good spot for my first post.

Many moons ago, Pompey played reserve matches at Aldershot where I was living, so I saw Ritchie coming through the ranks and he was the only player that showed any inkling of making it. He's had a really solid career up with you guys and has long said he wanted to complete his career back at Fratton Park. Now we have two Pompey boys in the squad with him joining Marlon Pack. I'm happy to have him back as think that bit of experience along with Pack will be important to Championship survival. 

We'll take good care of him as he is one of our own. 

Fair play that's a great move for him. He's been immense on (for a few seasons) and off it and been a bit of a father figure for some for the last few years. Great pro, talented and will still do a decent job for Portsmouth for a coupe of years - hope he smashes it and they appreciate him, top bloke :aww: