Ciaran Clark (now a free agent)

Foluwashola

Ive been impressed with Clark since his first game here amidst the backdrop of Villa fans not giving a shit.

Most said they'd have given him away and even drove him here themselves but in an organised defence with clear game plans, he's a contender for player of the season.  He's already won the unsung one for me.

Just a great signing, you really can't complain at the players Rafa bought, jury still out on Lazaar and Gamez has not gotten on the pitch enough but everyone of the others has made a significant contribution even Murphy who scored some vital goals for us in his little run of games. Clark, Ritchie and Gayle have been key components in our team for a combine fee of around what we got for Gini that's not bad business at all.

Don't think he lost much at all yesterday, you hope Lascelles and him can take performances like yesterday into the top division consistently. Very good, young central defense partnership with the most part with a strong feeling that they can only improve from here.

Villa fans reckon James Chester is better though. Can't trust them with an opinion.

Not that strange that they rate someone who is playing, I presume alright for them higher than someone who was playing shit for them. Not like they watch many of our games

Guest alijmitchell

Clark has been excellent, leads by example, strong in the air and not bad at all on the deck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

He's actually really good with the ball at his feet, very secure and can even beat a man and play a good long ball when needed. Obviously that's only in the Championship but it's fair to say he's way outstripped expectations of even those (like me :coolsmiley:) that weren't willing to write him off before he'd even kicked a ball for us. Fair play to him. :thup: