Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddersfield dropping 2 points is huge obviously but that late Derby goal doesn't make our performance and result at Ipswich any better or easier to take. The issues and questions that we all had at 5pm shouldn't be brushed under the carpet because of Derby's equaliser.

Then again, they shouldn't be exaggerated because we lost to Ipswich.

Huddersfield dropping 2 points is huge obviously but that late Derby goal doesn't make our performance and result at Ipswich any better or easier to take. The issues and questions that we all had at 5pm shouldn't be brushed under the carpet because of Derby's equaliser.

Then again, they shouldn't be exaggerated because we lost to Ipswich.

No, but today's result at Ipswich is just the latest in this run of poor form. It's not a blip, he's the manager and he's ultimately responsible for results and performances.

I love the bloke, he's an exceptional human being and a very good manager but the results and the manner in which they've been acquired recently have been dreadful.

Not sure what to make out of these Wagner quotes:

Huddersfield head coach David Wagner: "If we secure a play-off spot then we will be very happy. We are humble and we know how difficult it is to get points in this division.

"We are Huddersfield Town and to have this points total is an unbelievable achievement. We have to focus on ourselves and not Newcastle.

"We are in a wonderful position but we do not have enough points yet. We would like to have more points and we would like more good performances."

Is he saying they are focused on getting into the playoffs or chasing us ? Whatever, I think it's in our best interests that they still have to look over their shoulders, Leeds are 5 points behind them, if they win their game in hand that gap opens up to 8 meaning they are as good as there and the pressure lift. If they get beat at the weekend and Leeds win, that'll be great for us of course and get them very much in squeaky bum time.

In the context of a club that had it's soul ripped out of it and was rotten from top to bottom just over a year ago pre-Rafa, the fact that we're guaranteed a home second leg in the play offs at worst is not one to be sniffed at.

If anything is achieved for both the team and us as fans over these next few days then it is to reflect on the job done so far and the need for patience in the run in.  It's time to really push the team over the line like a bus that has run out of petrol or in our case, a battered Nissan Micra.

Not sure what to make out of these Wagner quotes:

Huddersfield head coach David Wagner: "If we secure a play-off spot then we will be very happy. We are humble and we know how difficult it is to get points in this division.

"We are Huddersfield Town and to have this points total is an unbelievable achievement. We have to focus on ourselves and not Newcastle.

"We are in a wonderful position but we do not have enough points yet. We would like to have more points and we would like more good performances."

Is he saying they are focused on getting into the playoffs or chasing us ? Whatever, I think it's in our best interests that they still have to look over their shoulders, Leeds are 5 points behind them, if they win their game in hand that gap opens up to 8 meaning they are as good as there and the pressure lift. If they get beat at the weekend and Leeds win, that'll be great for us of course and get them very much in squeaky bum time.

With us needing only 5 points under the assumption they win every game, then we just need to focus on ourselves. No matter what happens our fate will be in our own hands for the next 2 games at least.

On a similar note you also have to question if the likes of Preston who have had a good season and will be aiming for a play off place next season would be thinking that they would be better off with us going up this season. Maybe that might be something going on in the back of the minds of the players.

The Huddersfield-Fulham match is on overseas TV, if anyone wants to be put through the pain of watching it on Saturday.

I don't think my nerves could stand it, thankfully I have my son's footie practice at regular kick off times on a Saturday.

Just saw a daft bit of info on twitter there which sums up this daft league.

We started the day needing 7 points to go up, we play shite and lose which in turn causes the biggest meltdown since JFK rode back in on his drunken horse but go to bed somehow only needing 5 points at the most.

[move] :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:[/move]

The problem with squad strength is that our second tier of players, the ones that other clubs apparently look on enviously at, are actually pretty s**** and/or simply haven't shown that they're above this level at all. Obviously I'm not his biggest fan but Mitrovic is a prime example. £13m international striker on our bench, scored in the Champions League etc etc. Fans and managers at other clubs look at him and reckon we're unbelievably strong. He's scored four league goals. Atsu, international winger on loan from Chelsea! Three league goals and no more than a handful of assists. Colback, a good honest pro with over 175 top flight appearances to his name. Actively makes us worse.

It's simply not good enough. All these players that have been playing top flight football for ages, and so few of them have actually shown why.

Spot fucking on.

So am i right in thinking the only way we CAN'T officially go up if we beat Preston is if either Reading or Hudders win their next game?

Officially yes but they'd have to make up 35 goals in 3 games

The problem with squad strength is that our second tier of players, the ones that other clubs apparently look on enviously at, are actually pretty shite and/or simply haven't shown that they're above this level at all. Obviously I'm not his biggest fan but Mitrovic is a prime example. £13m international striker on our bench, scored in the Champions League etc etc. Fans and managers at other clubs look at him and reckon we're unbelievably strong. He's scored four league goals. Atsu, international winger on loan from Chelsea! Three league goals and no more than a handful of assists. Colback, a good honest pro with over 175 top flight appearances to his name. Actively makes us worse.

It's simply not good enough. All these players that have been playing top flight football for ages, and so few of them have actually shown why.

I'd say a "first" team that includes Diame and Gouffran isn't exactly world-beating either.

The players Ashleys spending regime brings in are just not the caliber a club the size of ours needs, to cope with the pressure the city and the 52k crowds create. Its never going to work on the cheap.

I doubt Ashley will change tho after promotion, hes not arsed.

So am i right in thinking the only way we CAN'T officially go up if we beat Preston is if either Reading or Hudders win their next game?

Officially yes but they'd have to make up 35 goals in 3 games

On April 11, 2001, the Australian and American Samoa national football teams faced each other in a qualifying match for the 2002 FIFA World Cup. The match was played at the International Sports Stadium in Coffs Harbour, Australia. Australia set a world record for the largest victory in an international football match, winning the game 31-0.

http://www.animoller.com/images/2010/09/sheeeet.gif

The players Ashleys spending regime brings in are just not the caliber a club the size of ours needs, to cope with the pressure the city and the 52k crowds create. Its never going to work on the cheap.

I doubt Ashley will change tho after promotion, hes not arsed.

Agree with this. On top we are the only team in this league 100% expected to go up. Failure has massive repercussions. No other club has that as much as us and many of our players can't handle the burden so well.

It's not our only failing as there are quite a few, but this weighs it all down further.

Think I'm more nervous for this Saturday than our game against Preston next Monday tbh. Basically even a Huddersfield draw would guarantee us going up on Monday with a win. I'm super nervous about it as I have more faith and confidence in Fulham getting a result against an automatic-promotion chasing team than us winning at home to a team we whooped 6-0 earlier in the season who have nothing to play for. Fulham are on a roll and they'll be wanting to keep their spot in the play-offs spot now. So I'm hoping they do get at least a draw.

The Reading result this Saturday is irrelevant if we can beat Preston so not going to worry about them for the moment.

Every time I see Knockaert celebrating from yesterday, I feel like leaving a hole in my TV. Good player aye but God, he has such a punchable face. Might feel the same way if I saw Colback celebrating too.

Every time I see Knockaert celebrating from yesterday, I feel like leaving a hole in my TV. Good player aye but God, he has such a punchable face. Might feel the same way if I saw Colback celebrating too.

:thup: Glad I'm not the only one. Sick of the sight of those cunts already. I hope they get anally raped, without lube, every week in the premiership.