Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So im confused.

If Hudders dont win and we do v Preston we are promoted?

Or is it "technically we aren't" ?

So do we celerbrate like pitch invasion , champagne, players on the shoulders job ??? Say if above plays out?

Or do we "technically " have to wait??

Assuming that Huddersfield just get a point against Fulham, they'll be on 79 points with only 9 left to play for.

So we beat Preston then we'll be on 88 points. That's the maximum Huddersfield can get and they'll lose out to our superior GD. So we're up on Monday night football on Sky after a win.

Whatever Reading do on Saturday will be irrelevant with us winning on Monday.

So Saturday is the all important day. We can't go up with a winton Monday if Huddersfield win against Fulham.

But we wouldn't "officially" be up? No?

Fucking hell man, how many times do you need to have it explained to you?

Guest neesy111

Has anyone really been pushing that it's been a "failure"?

I'm underwhelmed, but I don't think it's been a failure..... yet.

Failure would be not go up.  I'm disappointed about how difficult we are making of automatic promotion considering the gap we had at several points this season, but it's still in our hands and we are still massive favourites for it.

Do we approach the next 2 games as cup finals?

It's weird, we've done very well but it deffinitely hasn't felt like it week to week, if we weren't allowed to see the table (and hadn't been tallying up our points for some reason) I doubt any of us would have us anywhere near the top 2, never mind 7 clear. Even weirder given some utterly ridiculous refereeing against Forrest, and some appauling individual errors mainly from Darlow and Lascelles costing us in excess of 10 points.

It's weird, we've done very well but it deffinitely hasn't felt like it week to week, if we weren't allowed to see the table (and hadn't been tallying up our points for some reason) I doubt any of us would have us anywhere near the top 2, never mind 7 clear. Even weirder given some utterly ridiculous refereeing against Forrest, and some appauling individual errors mainly from Darlow and Lascelles costing us in excess of 10 points.

since xmas we have "looked" shite tbf, but who cares ?

Has anyone really been pushing that it's been a "failure"?

I'm underwhelmed, but I don't think it's been a failure..... yet.

If we go up its job done, if anyone complains they can fuck off man.

one more win, i think  :)

I mean, I'll still complain, but it'll be job done. We have met our minimum expectations of the season. Certainly not a failure. Not quite a rip-roaring success either.

Hell, as s*** as we have been - had Gayle stayed fit (not even including Clark into this) we'd have secured promotion and either be competing for the title or clear path to it.

Hell, as s*** as we have been - had Gayle stayed fit (not even including Clark into this) we'd have secured promotion and either be competing for the title or clear path to it.

You have to expect injuries at some point though. We have four strikers on the books which is probably more than most in this division. The problems have been in more than one area.

Just seen this on the Chron.  What a guy!! :smitten:

Chris Hughton text

Chris, we love you.

Texted Chris Hughton to congratulate him. He praised his players (nothing about himself) & added "now waiting for Newcastle". What a man.

— George Caulkin (@CaulkinTheTimes) April 19, 2017