Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd find it hard to want a manager to stay after not taking us up from this position, even if he is Rafa.

Haha is this a wind-up?

We'll never get as good a manager as Rafa in the next 20 years.

What makes that a wind up? Failure to get promoted with our squad would be a colossal failure... why are you willing to absolve Rafa from all responsibility should that very unlikely scenario occur???

Also you're second comment is daft, unless you're a time traveller of some sort

It's pretty clear now that when we get promoted we are going to need to replace half the first team. We are grinding out wins against championship sides, and we don't look much better, Shelvey and Gayle apart.

Probably 9 more wins now needed, I don't think there has ever been a time when a team accumulated 89 points and didn't go up, so pretty safe bet. Brighton have a big game themselves tomorrow, if they lose again, last season's choke from them is in play again for sure.

We'll go on a run. Rafa is focusing on one thing and one thing only, he'll eek it out of them, by any means necessary.

We're actually on a canny run to be honest. 10 points from 12.

That right? Unreal really. Feels like we have lost a lot recently.

Another run like the one earlier in the season will be enough to see off the competitors IMO, whether that be in 1st or 2nd I'm unsure.

We still look fragile compared to then though, today will do wonders for confidence and I'm up to a 7.5. It's amazing what difference a win makes. Effectively 7 points clear of third with our GD and a slip up from Brighton and all is well.

Currently have 2 more points than our previous recent promotion too.

We'll go on a run. Rafa is focusing on one thing and one thing only, he'll eek it out of them, by any means necessary.

We're actually on a canny run to be honest. 10 points from 12.

That right? Unreal really. Feels like we have lost a lot recently.

since the loss to blackburn.

brentford a W

Rotherham h W

QPR h D

Derby h W

edit- cup win/draw/and loss in between.

Looking at the table right now, hard to see anyone outside the top 12, down to Birmingham making the playoffs, that does not include Villa who would have to climb above a bunch of teams and also make up 13 points now !! Think auto promotion is between the top 5, the 11 point gap to Sheff Wed is too much for them I think to get involved.

looking at the table this morning we've won 68% of our games this season and have 62 points, 17 games left - even if we only win 8 of them we're probably going to be going up

very hard to to see us blowing this now unless 2 teams go on a crazy run and we stumble badly

9 for me now

Need 28 points from 17 games, which looks doable (8 wins, 4 draws, 5 defeats).

Bit nervous about this run of games though - can only see 3 or 4 points from Wolves, Norwich & Villa and that's before those 3 awful away games.

Need 28 points from 17 games, which looks doable (8 wins, 4 draws, 5 defeats).

Bit nervous about this run of games though - can only see 3 or 4 points from Wolves, Norwich & Villa and that's before those 3 awful away games.

I'm expecting 7 points from those games. Wolves are shit at home so we've got to be looking at 3 points there. Norwich away I think I'd be happy with a point and Villa at home has got to be 3 points. They're just shite and they're already questioning Bruce.