Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need 28 points from 17 games, which looks doable (8 wins, 4 draws, 5 defeats).

Bit nervous about this run of games though - can only see 3 or 4 points from Wolves, Norwich & Villa and that's before those 3 awful away games.

i cant predict a thing, but we are in a great position, one we'd all take heading into mid Feb? :naughty:

I'm much more confident going into these games with Gayle returning soon, Diame back and presumably Atsu not far off

A couple good results in the next two away games would set us up for two winnable home matches. Then it's those 3 tough away fixtures and if we come through those without losing our position too much I think we'll go up.

We are somehow 2nd in the form table for the last 10 games and top in the last 6 :lol:

Also both Gayle and Shelvey haven't played together in 2 months during that time. :lol:

Unreal when you look at it to be honest and is the reason why we will probably go up. We have had several key players missing in that time also and this week should be up to full quota and also let's be honest we have not played really well either. We have also scored the most goals in that time and conceded the joint least goals - crazy.

Never predict matches - will take it a game at a time. Suspect Ashley has put a large bonus in Rafa's contract if he gets us back up....neither will care what happens after that if there is any conflict over budget.

The sooner the points necessary are achieved, the happier I will be but there will be some tricky games before March.

Still on 7.5, will review at end of Feb.

We are somehow 2nd in the form table for the last 10 games and top in the last 6 :lol:

Also both Gayle and Shelvey haven't played together in 2 months during that time. :lol:

Unreal when you look at it to be honest and is the reason why we will probably go up. We have had several key players missing in that time also and this week should be up to full quota and also let's be honest we have not played really well either. We have also scored the most goals in that time and conceded the joint least goals - crazy.

This :lol: Our "bad form"...

The only reason there is mass hysteria when we lose a match is because we are such big favourites to go up. The media and a section of our support sensationalise it as if we're in such a run of awful form. Over the last 20 games for example, we have only dropped 14 points - which is joint best in the league, along with Brighton. And that includes our "dreadful" period where Shelvey was absent and we couldn't win games.

Factor into the match where the referee awarded the game to Forest and those stats are even more damning.

In reality we've been in the top two for most of the season and have never looked anywhere near likely dropping out of it. We have the best manager and the best squad and the run-in will show that, where teams start to tire and we romp home.

I think it's been more the way we've played last couple of months rather than the results. Our possession football has gone downhill a lot, we are giving the ball away under pressure, and even Rafa has acknowledged these are things we should be doing better.

Guest neesy111

Huddersfield have a few difficult games left I am doubtful if they can keep the form uo enough to catch us or Brighton.

Anyway all we should be focusing on is winning at least 9 more games. They should be enough.

We've got to go to Reading, Brighton and Huddersfield.

Huddersfield have a few difficult games left I am doubtful if they can keep the form uo enough to catch us or Brighton.

Anyway all we should be focusing on is winning at least 9 more games. They should be enough.

Even if we lost all three we've still got 14 more games to win at least  9 and we're more than capable of it. I can't see Huddersfield, Reading or Leeds getting 89 points or more.

Id be more concerned playing them at home tbh.

Yep. I don't think we'll lose to any of them away. Quite confident of us winning each one, actually.

Do we still have the best away record in the country?

Yep. I don't think we'll lose to any of them away. Quite confident of us winning each one, actually.

Do we still have the best away record in the country?

I would guess we do- Im more confident away- i think the pressure gets to our players at home.