Fulham 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 05/08/16 - Post-match reaction from page 40

Dave

Shelvey can get fucked with performances like that, btw. Pick your fucking game up, you muppet.

I know he wasn't the worst out there but he came on to influence the game, and he was so fucking wasteful.

Gayle can't play up top on his own; got bullied all night. Their centre-backs had an easy one.

Shelvey pinged about 5 quality passes that nobody else could've picked out pretty much as soon as he came on.

We should have scored at least two, as well as two stonewall penalties.

While disappointing, it's not the end of the world. If anything it'll speed up some new signings imo.

Never ever picked Colback ever again.

Ritchie and...? Don't remember a second glorious opening. Might just be age catching up with me.

Aarons air shot perhaps??

Very poor that, created very little, were too defensive and  I don't think the penalty claims in the 2nd half were stonewall.

One in the first half was probably a pen but so was Hanley's challenge on their forward too.

Team full of Wijnaldums tonight.

Tactics were far too negative for Fulham. Set up like we were at the fucking Nou Camp.

The idea of playing through the fullbacks pushed up is so predictable when there's zero threat in the middle. Janmaat's crossing was pitiful. Ritchie looked dangerous but was far too easily lost out there. Missing that link player badly, and clearly Ayoze can't play that role at this level if he's going to be so weak.

The one thing i really don't like about Rafa's set up is two holding players, it really bugs me, it's overly cautious especially when one of them is f***ing Jack Colback.

I'm hoping Colback comes out for Diame against Huddersfield tbh, that and Aarons starts.

While disappointing, it's not the end of the world. If anything it'll speed up some new signings imo.

Ritchie and...? Don't remember a second glorious opening. Might just be age catching up with me.

Aarons miss hit a good chance.

If we're counting that as a chance to score then Christensen when he ballooned it over the bar and their left back hitting it narrowly wide were just as good a chances to score like

Our central midfield is lacking in all departments.  There's no consistency to be found in any partnership we can muster. 

Anita goes missing so often, he's genuinely scared when up against it.  Like, you put him in a physical game against a few big lads and you can clearly see that he is unable to comitt to anything.  A pass, underhit timidly.  A tackle, nah, he'll pull out of that one before the possibility of it happening emerges.  A header :lol:  Just so f***ing timid.  He needs to leave this country and play in a league that plays at walking pace, preferably with non-contact rules.  Of course, he'll play a few passes and everyone will redeem him, but he has never consistently put a run of performances in.  Useless.

Shelvey plays on his own tempo, often at the detriment to the rest of the team, slowing the play down needlessly at times.  He favours hollywood balls too often which also hinders team cohesion.  And his positional sense and defensive effort is toss, which is probably why Rafa left him out tonight.    Y'know, cos we couldn't risk him against the might Fulham.Doesn't seem to have any leadership skills, so not particularly inspiring to the rest of the team.

I can't understand how Jack Colback has become a professional football and lasted all this time.  His numbers on the stat apps they use must be through the roof or something because he fails the eye test time and time again.  He has zero strengths and is below average in every department.  He is not a strong tackler.  He is not a physical beast who can charge around.  He does not inspire or lead players around him.  He has pitiful technique, an insanely limited passing range and doesn't have the mental awareness nor stamina to make threatening plays around the opposition penalty area.  Any oposition manager must laugh his ass off when setting up to play us.  "Yeah, I'll just get my most physical CM and have him running off Colback all game.  We'll probably get a few freekicks, cos Colback loves a foul and score a goal that way...." 

Hayden, looked the part in the first half and faded badly.  I'll reserve judgement on him.  The other three need to f*** off and we need replacements.

Shelvey can get fucked with performances like that, btw. Pick your fucking game up, you muppet.

I know he wasn't the worst out there but he came on to influence the game, and he was so fucking wasteful.

Gayle can't play up top on his own; got bullied all night. Their centre-backs had an easy one.

Shelvey pinged about 5 quality passes that nobody else could've picked out pretty much as soon as he came on.

Probably fair. :laugh: I hit the roof with that free-kick at the end, though.

Rafa will make changes IMO. He's going to feel let down by some he trusted to get it done tonight. We'll accelerate some signings this week. No fucking clue why Diame wasn't able to even be on bench. Hell be starting next to Hayden next week I hope.

That's the one, 6 yards out and his misskicks it. Only needed a bit of composure.

The defence looked shaky, the midfield lacked creativity though Hayden did a good job, with him there surely there is no need for a second sitter, forwards lacked service though Ritchie looks excellent. Perez had a poor night and Gayle didn't get into the game. He'll look better alongside Mitro .

We weren't that bad for christ's sake. Can see why Rafa wants another winger and a forward.

Shelvey made a difference when he was on the ball.

Anita was better in midfield, not good enough from the wide position though.

Thought both Janmat and Dummet were suspect defensively.

Perez needs to receive the ball to feet either on the turn or facing goal. He was pretty poor though tbf. I'm sure he'll improve.

I think refs down here let a lot go which Mitro will love.

Shame about the set piece. Again.

Gave up on it at half time,  you could tell what was coming.  Ronaldos right,  playing two or three defensive midfielders in this division is crazy. Did Anita last the whole 90? If so  :lol: Noticed Colback was on the bench at the end,  so at least he was seen through.

Rafa will make changes IMO. He's going to feel let down by some he trusted to get it done tonight. We'll accelerate some signings this week. No f***ing clue why Diame wasn't able to even be on bench. Hell be starting next to Hayden next week I hope.

I'm sure he will and i trust him to do so, if this was any other manager we have had since Sir Bobby i'd be really concerned because no changes would probably be made. :lol:

I expect Rafa will though.

That's the one, 6 yards out and his misskicks it. Only needed a bit of composure.

Fulham had 2 as good a chances as that Aarons chance like

First game of the season but that's a sickener really.

Newcastle are going to be a big mark for all sides, so we need to get used to teams working as hard against them as Fulham did. Far too many players to me seemed to believe they could show up, have all the space in the world, thinking they'd be feared and would be able to play as they pleased. Perez and Anita were the biggest offenders on this front. Perez's technique almost always deserts him when he fears a man on. Usually when he's in a promising position.

Fulham were superb to be fair to them. Our squad should be feared in this division, but you have to earn it and actually show up. Really disappointing.

Fully agree with this.

Janmaat and Ritchie come out of the game with some credit. The rest were average to poor. The shooting is still horrific. I hope Benitez works on our attack - only Ritchie really had any ideas going forward or even seemed willing to put a ball in the box. I'm confident the confidence will flow to the rest of our team once he look a threat going forward.

Hope to see as little of Anita and Colback in black and white stripes as possible. Can't wait for Diame.