Fulham 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 05/08/16 - Post-match reaction from page 40

Dave

We should have scored at least two, as well as two stonewall penalties.

While disappointing, it's not the end of the world. If anything it'll speed up some new signings imo.

Never ever picked Colback ever again.

Ritchie and...? Don't remember a second glorious opening. Might just be age catching up with me.

This team is a fuking disgrace

No heart ..no idea ...

Rafa is winging it...this team will go down

Unbelievable

Total shit.......please please challenge me and tell me im wrong.

#utterfuckingmuppets

Moyes would have won that.

While disappointing, it's not the end of the world. If anything it'll speed up some new signings imo.

:thup:

We were garbage and still probably should have won on chances created.

That's how i saw it, we should have got something out of the game.

Guest ElCid

Lack of leaders and fight evident yet again, no idea why Anita and Colback started, or why Hanley played over Mbemba.

Think Hanley played to try and handle that plank up front and that failed.

No heart ..no idea ...

Unbelievable

#utterfuckingmuppets

If youre being serious :lol:

Ritchie and...? Don't remember a second glorious opening. Might just be age catching up with me.

Aarons miss hit a good chance.

First game of the season but that's a sickener really.

Newcastle are going to be a big mark for all sides, so we need to get used to teams working as hard against them as Fulham did. Far too many players to me seemed to believe they could show up, have all the space in the world, thinking they'd be feared and would be able to play as they pleased. Perez and Anita were the biggest offenders on this front. Perez's technique almost always deserts him when he fears a man on. Usually when he's in a promising position.

Fulham were superb to be fair to them. Our squad should be feared in this division, but you have to earn it and actually show up. Really disappointing.

Janmaat and Ritchie come out of the game with some credit. The rest were average to poor. The shooting is still horrific. I hope Benitez works on our attack - only Ritchie really had any ideas going forward or even seemed willing to put a ball in the box. I'm confident the confidence will flow to the rest of our team once he look a threat going forward.

Hope to see as little of Anita and Colback in black and white stripes as possible. Can't wait for Diame.

One save from their keeper all game, by the way. Pitiful. Thought the worst when I saw 2 (or even 3) sitting midfielders in the lineup. You do that in this division you're asking for a scrappy game decided by 1 goal.

Odd lineup, late subs, and too much respect for poor opposition from the off. Classic United.

Shelvey can get fucked with performances like that, btw. Pick your fucking game up, you muppet.

I know he wasn't the worst out there but he came on to influence the game, and he was so fucking wasteful.

Gayle can't play up top on his own; got bullied all night. Their centre-backs had an easy one.

Sels - Dodgy as fuck - 2

Janmaat - Tried to make things happen - 6

Hanley - HOOOOOOOOOOOF - 1

Lascelles - did generally ok but not great- 5

Dummett - usual mediocrity - 5

Anita - Turgid - 0

Colback - usual shit - 1

Hayden - showed potential - 6

Ritchie - we need to get him on ball more - 6

Perez - We can't rely on him to do it all by himself, that is where he struggles - 5

Gayle - never really had a chance - 5

Aarons - 5

Armstrong - 5

Shelley - 5

No heart ..no idea ...

Unbelievable

#utterfuckingmuppets

You're wrong

Well done to Fulham they fully deserved the win.

The negative start today cost us. Three defensive midfielders on the pitch, no real width on both sides and Gayle and Perez unable to make the ball stick. I can't say I'm massively surprised. Our away form was shocking last season and it'll take a while to build some sort of positive mentality but it's worrying the same old problems exist. That first penalty decision was really pivotal but It's pointless being too upset about that now.

The only positive from this is if we finally see and end to Colback in the starting 11.

One save from their keeper all game, by the way. Pitiful. Thought the worst when I saw 2 (or even 3) sitting midfielders in the lineup. You do that in this division you're asking for a scrappy game decided by 1 goal.

We went in defensive and it was all downhill from there.

Thats the scary bit. Rafa got it badly wrong. Is he so attached to multiple sitting midfielders ?

Guest chopey

Fulham only threatened from corners we need more spark in midfield and options up front but it's nowt to panic about

First game of the season but that's a sickener really.

Newcastle are going to be a big mark for all sides, so we need to get used to teams working as hard against them as Fulham did. Far too many players to me seemed to believe they could show up, have all the space in the world, thinking they'd be feared and would be able to play as they pleased. Perez and Anita were the biggest offenders on this front. Perez's technique almost always deserts him when he fears a man on. Usually when he's in a promising position.

Fulham were superb to be fair to them. Our squad should be feared in this division, but you have to earn it and actually show up. Really disappointing.

Janmaat and Ritchie come out of the game with some credit. The rest were average to poor. The shooting is still horrific. I hope Benitez works on our attack - only Ritchie really had any ideas going forward or even seemed willing to put a ball in the box. I'm confident the confidence will flow to the rest of our team once he look a threat going forward.

Hope to see as little of Anita and Colback in black and white stripes as possible. Can't wait for Diame.