Newcastle Utd 1 - 2 Huddersfield Town - 13/08/16 - Post-match reaction from p24

Kaizero

Players still scared to play, always looking for safe pass, no football being played in middle of pitch between edge of centre circle and their box- hasn't been for years. Only tactic give it to Janmaat for hopeful cross into box.

We're a goal down against Huddersfield, there's no reason we can't win this still. Just hoy Ritchie and Perez on.

Worked so well against Fulham having them both on...but yes I agree they have to come on now. For Hayden/Shelvey and Anita.

It's really quite amazing how quickly any good feeling amongst the fan base is crushed in recent years. It's almost an instant punishment for having any hope.

fans conned by spurs not turning up last game

Rafa setting us up like we're playing Juve away in a CL quarter final is a fucking crease like :lol:

This is the fundamental problem.  We've got more quality than these teams so attack them from the off.

I haven't seen today's game, but you wouldn't think we had more quality based on last week's performance. We could barely string two passes together.

Rafa setting us up like we're playing Juve away in a CL quarter final is a fucking crease like :lol:

This is the fundamental problem.  We've got more quality than these teams so attack them from the off.

This is the fundamental problem. People believing, We've got more quality than these teams

Pretty unbelievable that Perez cant get into this team.

Did you see his performance vs Fulham.

He surley has to be better in front of a home crowd though.

No. But I know he's a good footballer and would improve this team. Regardless of what happened last week or last month.

He was shocking, him,colback,and Hanley, that's why I'm guessing Rafa tried changing things for this.

But he scores and that's what's needed.

Players still scared to play, always looking for safe pass, no football being played in middle of pitch between edge of centre circle and their box- hasn't been for years. Only tactic give it to Janmaat for hopeful cross into box.

This is it like. Even under Rafa this has never changed. We never play fucking football, just ponderous crap followed by crosses into the box. Only times we ever look decent is now and again when a game is open and stretched and we do some shit on the break.

Sounds like a carbon copy of Fulham match. Rafa seemingly didn't learn as half the forum from that game. The other half knew 2 DMs were a mistake before Fulham.

There's not two defensive midfielders though :lol:

3 last week, 2 this week. Count.

Who are the two defensive midfielders? Unless Anita isn't playing on the wing as per the team sheet then there's only Hayden.

And Anita. :thup: He's a DM, not a winger. He's about as much a winger as Colback's a striker.

I agree that Anita shouldn't be playing and get your point that he'll offer nothing, but we're not setup playing a formation with 2 defensive midfielders. This was my point given that people are saying the formation is setup negative. It's not, we just have a shit player on the wing that we don't want there (because Ritchie had a knock).

This is it like. Even under Rafa this has never changed. We never play fucking football, just ponderous crap followed by crosses into the box. Only times we ever look decent is now and again when a game is open and stretched and we do some shit on the break.

And we can forget about that happening too much this season.

Confidence is clearly still a huge problem as is the negativity that has been allowed to infest the club over the past few years. Not exactly time to panic yet, but Benitez needs to start kicking some bottom and if the players don't respond - drop them. Simple as that.

Sounds like a carbon copy of Fulham match. Rafa seemingly didn't learn as half the forum from that game. The other half knew 2 DMs were a mistake before Fulham.

Who are the two defensive midfielders? Unless Anita isn't playing on the wing as per the team sheet then there's only Hayden.

And Anita. :thup: He's a DM, not a winger. He's about as much a winger as Colback's a striker.

I agree that Anita shouldn't be playing and get your point that he'll offer nothing, but we're not setup playing a formation with 2 defensive midfielders. This was my point given that people are saying the formation is setup negative. It's not, we just have a shit player on the wing that we don't want there (because Ritchie had a knock).

We have a player on the wing that can't do anything going forward, that's the point

We've got Anita on the wing, another DM in the centre and 1 striker on the field at home to Huddersfield and that's not a negative setup? Fuck off, man. :lol: