Newcastle United vs Reading - 17/08/16 @ 7.45pm - No TV

tgarve

Interested to see Riv at this level, tbh. Think he's been more unlucky than shit.

He hasn't like :lol:  On his debut he hit a shot from about 3 yards out that went for a throw in.  Got worse from there. 

:lol: Can't be worse than we've (apparently) been.

Need a captain's performance from Lascelles by the way. Been at fault for two goals in my opinion and been generally poor. It's all well and good him with his quotes when the chips are down and need to rally together, now needs to show it when we should be expected to go out and win.

Interested to see Riv at this level, tbh. Think he's been more unlucky than shit.

He's looked like a frightened rabbit in front of goal, mis-hits and air shots galore. He might offer some physical presence which Perez and Gayle have failed to provide, that's the only plus I can think of.

I still believe Riviere can be a decent foil for another striker. Maybe in the Championship his strength and pace will be enough to trouble defenders. He really is hopeless in front of goal though - to my knowledge, he's yet to have a shot without falling to the ground since coming here.

I still believe Riviere can be a decent foil for another striker. Maybe in the Championship his strength and pace will be enough to trouble defenders. He really is hopeless in front of goal though - to my knowledge, he's yet to have a shot without falling to the ground since coming here.

Even the one goal he did score he nearly fucked up, complete slice :lol:

Best was s**** in the championship and good in the prem, might be the other way for Riviere, but probably not.

Was talking about how we all dreaded him up front v West Ham only for him to play brilliantly.

Best was s**** in the championship and good in the prem, might be the other way for Riviere, but probably not.

Was talking about how we all dreaded him up front v West Ham only for him to play brilliantly.

Fair play, it was probably up there with Sholas hat trick against Reading!

Shola's headers were outstanding versus Reading by the way :lol: