Newcastle United 4 - 1 Reading - 17/08/16 - Post-match reaction from page 38

Disco

In the first half we were quite happy for Reading to have the ball around the back because they looked really uncomfortable doing it and kept giving the ball away. They looked much more dangerous when they played long balls to the opposite wings.  It was clear Stam wanted them to pass it out from the back but I thought they looked really poor doing it in the 1st half, whereas Huddersfield tried to get it to the wings or their strikers as quickly as possible instead of slow buildup

I watched a lot of Perez and Goofy tonight and the reason was they both stood out for their lack of willingness to press or contribute.

Perez has undoubted quality but f*** me the kid didnt look bothered again , toon many times he looks like a wee boy in this league.Poor display.

The pair of them were passengers despite the scoreline.

This is absolute bollocks by the way, unsurprisingly from this poster.

Ayoze wasn't a passenger. He won the ball back with a fantastic tackle that lead to the Gayle freekick goal, he got pulled back which lead to the freekick for the 1st goal, played a lovely through ball to Hayden which resulted in us nearly scoring and made some delightful runs and touches in the first half. He was nowhere near his best but to say he was a passenger is bollocks

I note you quote my post but look back at previous posts by TIoteWD ....confirms my assesment of him as well.

So im not alone in thinking his performance was just so dissapointing , not for the first time.

Its about opinions and i have mine, he will be dropped for Mitro...why? Because he's not good enough.

Thing is we'd rather stick our nuts in a mincing machine than hear your opinion.

In the first half we were quite happy for Reading to have the ball around the back because they looked really uncomfortable doing it and kept giving the ball away. They looked much more dangerous when they played long balls to the opposite wings.  It was clear Stam wanted them to pass it out from the back but I thought they looked really poor doing it in the 1st half, whereas Huddersfield tried to get it to the wings or their strikers as quickly as possible instead of slow buildup

I watched a lot of Perez and Goofy tonight and the reason was they both stood out for their lack of willingness to press or contribute.

Perez has undoubted quality but f*** me the kid didnt look bothered again , toon many times he looks like a wee boy in this league.Poor display.

Ayoze wasn't a passenger. He won the ball back with a fantastic tackle that lead to the Gayle freekick goal, he got pulled back which lead to the freekick for the 1st goal, played a lovely through ball to Hayden which resulted in us nearly scoring and made some delightful runs and touches in the first half. He was nowhere near his best but to say he was a passenger is bollocks

I note you quote my post but look back at previous posts by TIoteWD ....confirms my assesment of him as well.

So im not alone in thinking his performance was just so dissapointing , not for the first time.

Its about opinions and i have mine, he will be dropped for Mitro...why? Because he's not good enough.

So theirs two of you who think that, wow, hardly confirms anything, plenty disagree.

So theirs two of you who think that, wow, hardly confirms anything, plenty disagree.

I didnt go back far but i can if you wish  :lol:

Thing is we'd rather stick our nuts in a mincing machine than hear your opinion.

:lol:    truth hurt like

Aye why not, you could tally up everyone who agreed and disagreed, time well spent.

Aye why not, you could tally up everyone who agreed and disagreed, time well spent.

Alreet love. Lets crack on .nee point arguing.its an internet forum ffs

Few things. Clark was gash, Mbemba was decent. Anita is a better RB than Janmaat, we found that out last season. Hayden was excellent. Gayle, Gouffran and Richie ran their knackers off and deserve credit.

Needed the goals to brush off some cobwebs, confidence still an issue. Hanley or Lascelles in for Clark at the weekend and Diame for Perez, if he's fit.

Better but some way to go.

N-O's picked up a canny collection of John Carver style posters over the last few months. Crumpy, Chris Babblingloony. tubestation and shintonsghost all make TCD sound positively logical. Can't wait for the worst poster awards this season.

N-O's picked up a canny collection of John Carver style posters over the last few months. Crumpy, Chris Babblingloony. tubestation and shintonsghost all make TCD sound positively logical. Can't wait for the worst poster awards this season.

Fucking Kaka getting off scot-free, again.

Few things. Clark was gash, Mbemba was decent. Anita is a better RB than Janmaat, we found that out last season. Hayden was excellent. Gayle, Gouffran and Richie ran their knackers off and deserve credit.

Needed the goals to brush off some cobwebs, confidence still an issue. Hanley or Lascelles in for Clark at the weekend and Diame for Perez, if he's fit.

He's not like

Kaka's no John Carver like, he's in a category all of his own. I'm thinking more Leo Sayer or Michael Jackson.

Their manager was quite salty about the result in his post match interview.

Yesterday probably brought back memories of 35,000 of us chanting "Jaap Stam, ugly man" at him at Wembley in the Cup Final back in 1999.

Shit chant considering the result.

f***ing Kaka getting off scot-free, again.

Kaka is the most excitable poster in the world :lol:

Yesterday probably brought back memories of 35,000 of us chanting "Jaap Stam, ugly man" at him at Wembley in the Cup Final back in 1999.

s*** chant considering the result.

Forgot you're only supposed to chant when you're not getting beat.

f***ing Kaka getting off scot-free, again.

:lol:

They had a fair bit of possession, like. Seems a little strange as we’ve dominated it in the previous two. I thought we pressed pretty high last night or was it simply because we took more risks with our passing and it led to more turnovers? Wonder if Rafa told the team to the team to let them have more of the ball to draw them out a bit.

He's not like

He is like. Defensively anyway. Not a big statement though, Janmaat is dire positionally. 

:lol:

s*** chant considering the result.

Forgot you're only supposed to chant when you're not getting beat.

Naw just saying he probably didn't give a shit about the chant when he paraded around with the trophy.