Newcastle United v Cheltenham Town 23/08/16 @ 19:45 (Live on ALL channels)

morla84

Must win game

Tbf I think it is imperative to win this one, it might not be a must win in the grand scheme of things but another win can only breed more confidence and we need as much as we can get right now.

:thup: Wins breed confidence and I feel like ours is still fragile in spite of the two good results. Losing at home to lower league opposition would be pretty shite. Big game at the weekend followed by a tough away game at Derby. Keep the momentum going.

Aarons and Perez need to start this. They've both looked a bit off the pace so far and this is a potentially good game to get their confidence up a bit, but only if they're playing with other experienced players. Think the win is more important than anything else, just got to get into the habit of it.

Aarons and Perez need to start this. They've both looked a bit off the pace so far and this is a potentially good game to get their confidence up a bit, but only if they're playing with other experienced players. Think the win is more important than anything else, just got to get into the habit of it.

They absolutely need to start this. With Judge coming in the next few months are going to be crucial for their future here, these are two players I expected to shine at this level but both have so far been easily subdued by championship defenders. Got to show what they are made of tonight.

Aarons and Perez need to start this. They've both looked a bit off the pace so far

They both look constantly off the pace. Perez was awful last season and has started this season in the same form.

Aarons had a ok pre season against poor opposition to go with good cameo appearances against Palace and Tottenham as well as a good 45mins against City in the last 2 seasons but has offered nothing in his other showings.

Both really need to step it up.

My guess for tonight's game is:

Darlow

Sterry

Lascelles

Hanley

Dummett

Shelvey

Colback

Perez

Diame

Aarons

Mitrovic

With Diame taken off quite early in the 2nd half. I hope Colback plays the full game if it means Shelvey starting on Saturday.