DeAndre Yedlin (now playing for Inter Miami)

Ameritoon

I'm just observant, you charming little tyke you; and I'm not easily fooled by a quick pair of heels and a tub of brylcreem (that Hughie Gallacher got away with murder btw ...). Yedlin made loads of unforced errors.

In the first first five mins he played one pass straight out of play, one pass to an opponent

One cross hit an opponent two yards in front of him (promising position). He made two passes which whilst not quite hospital balls, needlessly put his own player under pressure. Lower highlights and low lights (I've ignored ten yard back and sideways passing):

11:13 pass to opponent

13:36 put Hayden under with a pass that got twatted

Rafa then gave 'Slick' a good talking to

16:21 header to oppo not under pressure

16:52 throw in to oppo

18:18 good pass to Ritchie (first meaningful positive contribution)

20:00 overly hard pass to Shelvey who  miscontrolled nearly gave it away in a dangerous area.

24:00 'decent'  pass to Diame (who fluffed chance), but since I'm being critical CoolCat actually just popped out it up at a dodgy height with it left foot, when he may have been able to put it on a plate.

27:50 good cross (Cracking pass by Hayden) to opposition for Own Goal (don't tell me, you knew it would come-off in the end?)

32:00 jinking run and decent pass to Dummet for shot

37:00 first interception (block in box).Still yet to make a tackle.

Sooo, 10 passes which one way and another put us (unnecessary) in difficulty. Yes, I think he was a liability and my gear remained 'undone'.

I'm just observant, you charming little tyke you; and I'm not easily fooled by a quick pair of heels and a tub of brylcreem (that Hughie Gallacher got away with murder btw ...). Yedlin made loads of unforced errors.

In the first first five mins he played one pass straight out of play, one pass to an opponent

One cross hit an opponent two yards in front of him (promising position). He made two passes which whilst not quite hospital balls, needlessly put his own player under pressure. Lower highlights and low lights (I've ignored ten yard back and sideways passing):

20:00 overly hard pass to Shelvey who  miscontrolled nearly gave it away in a dangerous area.

24:00 'decent'  pass to Diame (who fluffed chance), but since I'm being critical CoolCat actually just popped out it up at a dodgy height with it left foot, when he may have been able to put it on a plate.

27:50 good cross (Cracking pass by Hayden) to opposition for Own Goal (don't tell me, you knew it would come-off in the end?)

Sooo, 10 passes which one way and another put us (unnecessary) in difficulty. Yes, I think he was a liability and my gear remained 'undone'.

:lol:

I can take or leave ol' DeAndre, but I'm not sure I've ever seen such a clearly prejudicial opinion of a player before. Perhaps if you could get through a single post without referencing his foreign sounding name or his lack of short-back-and-sides, then people might take you seriously.

Do you have a shrine for him in your house? (Maybe hidden behind a wall)

Class.

;D

It's what a pundit would do, and we all tend to nod and agree with the people on TV.

I'm feeling the love chaps. I thought he was a liability and that is why; if you didn't fine. If you don't like facts/evidence as the basis of a viewpoint (which being able to read and all, I am obviously well aware is true for a couple of you) then give your head a shake you mad twats.

Listing your opinions with times against them doesn't make them facts.

True. Though how would you class observable behaviour with or without times against it?

Just opinion probably, that's the beauty of football I guess. This is just a particularly strange example since I thought everyone thought Yedlin had been good.

Your simplistic analysis fails to take account of some of the most important parts of football. Yedlin's allround contribution to the team was good, Villa were scared shitless of him and it allowed our central midfield a lot more time and space on the ball in the first half. For all he gave the ball away cheaply a few too many times he didn't put us in serious danger and they didn't really create anything down that side until he went off. His overall contribution to the team was a lot more than the bollocks stats posted above. We went to pieces when we went off - Hayden is no right back and we then also lacked composure in the middle.

Few sloppy moment but overall a very positive first league start, hopefully he isn't out for too long. Looking forward to seeing more from him and him improving his awareness on the ball in defensive situation.

Your comment above about finally making a tackle sums you up. Good defenders shouldn't need to tackle.

There are always excuses for new players coming into a side, if they don't particularly have a good game it could be down to not knowing his new team mates, not being match fit, pressure, nerves etc etc. With all that in mind I thought he was excellent, not only going forward but defensively too, the aerial challenge at the back post that saw him need treatment, a few of our previous fullbacks that would of been a free header.

Hope he's fit for Wedneday like