DeAndre Yedlin (now playing for Inter Miami)

Ameritoon

How many crosses did they put in from his side?

Quite a few 1st half.

Really can't remember anyone going down the line and whipping a ball in. They cut inside and ran along against his weaker foot. Midfielders should get involved there though.

The winger cut inside because he was right footed, was hardly going to run down the byline to kick it off his weak foot

That and Yedlin would've done him for pace everytime.

Should have had an assist as he picked out Atsu brilliantly for his shot that was saved. A key threat going forward. I like him.

He's not been as much of a threat going forward as I hoped tbh. With his pace I was expecting a lot more, but maybe that's down to Rafa's instructions. I thought he was quite nervous yesterday.

I don't think he's been at his best the last few games but he's been fine for most of the season and provided a good attacking outlet.

I wouldn't be surprised if Anita plays on Saturday mind

I like him, his decision making has been a bit off the last couple of games but he's still young, inexperienced and pretty raw, no better teacher than Rafa. Got a canny leap on him too, wins a fair amount of aerial battles, one yesterday he seemed to hang in the air for an age.

Pretty much done nothing wrong since Anita's injury. His passing is hit or miss as well as his final third decision making, but I'm excited to have him going forward. He's come along a lot defensively over the past two seasons, I don't see why it will stop now, especially when his pace is enough to make up for the few defensive errors he has made lately.

I don't think he's been at his best the last few games but he's been fine for most of the season and provided a good attacking outlet.

I wouldn't be surprised if Anita plays on Saturday mind

Anita's a pretty rock solid right back tbf. Yedlin is potentially much more dangerous going forward, but you could see why Rafa might go with Anita. He's decent on the ball and defends very reliably.

He's the only player in the squad who gives us genuine width by operating up and down one touchline only. He's seriously fast, too, which means we can play higher, more direct through balls to that side. And if his first touch is heavy, he can usually retrieve it and keep possession. I like how he gets tight to his man off the ball as well; he can afford to do so because he has the speed to recover if he ever gets turned.

I think he's vital to us now, especially at home, and I personally wouldn't be bringing Anita back in. Besides, if Vurn is fit I'd rather see him get a game in for Colback.

He's the only player in the squad who gives us genuine width by operating up and down one touchline only. He's seriously fast, too, which means we can play higher, more direct through balls to that side. And if his first touch is heavy, he can usually retrieve it and keep possession. I like how he gets tight to his man off the ball as well; he can afford to do so because he has the speed to recover if he ever gets turned.

I think he's vital to us now, especially at home, and I personally wouldn't be bringing Anita back in. Besides, if Vurn is fit I'd rather see him get a game in for Colback.

That's the key issue, if we have more players with pace that stretched teams I'd be more willing to see Anita in now that he's back. Without that though Yedlin's speed is really important.

I'm a fan of his but the defensive side of his game needs significant improvement, I think. He seems to be caught either out of position or pushed off the ball by clogger-types. But even here the trajectory has been upwards, so I think he just needs a solid place in the team and a run of games to get used to English football. I like him as a personality as well on the pitch, shows he cares.

Yedlin is a far better right back than Anita like.

I wouldn't say he is far better, just different kind of RB's. I really like how quickly Anita gets control of the ball and knows what do with it before he's got it. His short range distribution is really good and he almost never holds on or dwells on the ball as he usually passes it very quickly in whatever direction he decides. This means that the one who receives the ball from Anita usually gets that tenth of a second extra on the ball. Having said that, Yedlin is good in the air and has more pace and looks to go forward more often. I like them both.

Guest neesy111

Yedlin is a better right wing back but Anita is a better defensive right back.

This.

It's the same on the left side, Dummett clearly a better defensive left back while Lazaar is a left wing back.

Guest alijmitchell

I don't think he was that bad tbh, should have had an assist and part of a back 4 that only conceded through a pen. Brighton are a good side so I thought he did okay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've looked a far better side with Yedlin in, and since him and Ritchie have started playing together, the latters form has massively improved due to having a real attacking outlet in there with some pace who can support and drag players away from him. I like Vurn and he's played steady for us at RB, but Yedlin is the better option for us.

We've looked a far better side with Yedlin in, and since him and Ritchie have started playing together, the latters form has massively improved due to having a real attacking outlet in there with some pace who can support and drag players away from him. I like Vurn and he's played steady for us at RB, but Yedlin is the better option for us.

Fake news.

We played some very good football earlier this season with Anita at right back.

They're both good options at this level and offer different thing.

Guest alijmitchell

Now I see why people used to find this irritating... :lol:

I hadn't realised you could stop it. Off now I hope

Fake news.

I'm not going to bleat on about we've looked better against this team and that team blah blah, but I don't see how anybody who's watched our games this season could disagree that Ritchie has been a far better player for us since Yedlin has been playing behind him instead of Anita.

Now I see why people used to find this irritating... :lol:

I hadn't realised you could stop it. Off now I hope

So annoying, man. No.

Fake news.

I'm not going to bleat on about we've looked better against this team and that team blah blah, but I don't see how anybody who's watched our games this season could disagree that Ritchie has been a far better player for us since Yedlin has been playing behind him instead of Anita.

Yedlin and Anita pretty much rotated on a relatively regular basis until Anita got injured and there was little direct correlation until that point. More likely they have grown a better understanding but Ritchie has still had plenty of average games with Yedlin in the side.

Anita offers something different, slightly better defensively but not by a long way but he is much better and bringing the ball out from the back and linking the play with Shlevey and the midfield. Yedlin offers better support down the wing with Ritchie and more from an attacking threat.

"We've looked a far better side with Yedlin in" just isn't true.

Two very good options to have at this level.