DeAndre Yedlin (now playing for Inter Miami)

Ameritoon

Mexico's first team has Confederations Cup this summer, their Gold Cup squad is going to be pretty poor. Gives the US a chance to expand the player pool a bit. I'm guessing Arena left out most European players so their preseasons wouldn't be disrupted. The core MLS guys and some younger talent should be good enough to win it.

Not in the Gold Cup team so he'll get a full preseason with us. Will help a lot, Gold Cup really f***s with European based players at the start of the season.

Worrying though why he wasn't selected, he's really not good enough for the squad ?

They use the Gold Cup to blood young players/provide an opportunity for U.S.-based players to showcase themselves. Yedlin's first-choice RB, no question.

Yedlin assisted the first goal that Pulisic scored US and was part of the build up on Pulisic's 2nd goal. Looked good for the most part and was going up against their most dangerous wide player (Trinidad) for the 90 minutes. USA plays Mexico next week.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Probably a good thing for our side of things but USA manager Bruce Arena said that Yedlin wont be available for selection for the September WCQ's. So hopefully he is ready to go after the break and no worries of aggravation in a international match. Im guessing he is a week away or so. Getting him and Lejeune back shortly  is helpful.

Probably a good thing for our side of things but USA manager Bruce Arena said that Yedlin wont be available for selection for the September WCQ's. So hopefully he is ready to go after the break and no worries of aggravation in a international match. Im guessing he is a week away or so. Getting him and Lejeune back shortly  is helpful.

Lejeune back for West game isnt he?

Hopefully Yedlin will be too

Yeah, hopefully. I have some doubts on Yedlin just because we havent heard anything to my knowledge. Either way, despite the really disappointing start, getting two defenders back, especially perceived starters will help. Maybe Manquillo to LB depending on activity before the window closes. Ritchie really needs Yedlins pace overlapping him to help get him some time and space.

Yeah, hopefully. I have some doubts on Yedlin just because we havent heard anything to my knowledge. Either way, despite the really disappointing start, getting two defenders back, especially perceived starters will help. Maybe Manquillo to LB depending on activity before the window closes. Ritchie really needs Yedlins pace overlapping him to help get him some time and space.

Agreed on Ritchie needing Yedlins pace outwide mate

Although would like to see him play centrally possibly

Mbemba did well at left back

Agreed on Ritchie needing Yedlins pace outwide mate

Although would like to see him play centrally possibly

Mbemba did well at left back

True I wouldnt mind seeing Ritchie in the middle if he continues struggling wide

• 4 weeks later...

For his first match back, did well. 45 touches, 15/20 passes, 3 crosses, 4 clearances, 3 tackles, 3 recoveries, 1 int., 5 duels won.

Thought he showed a little bit of that match fitness in the final 10 minutes but it all worked it out just fine. Thought he did fine, until those little cracks at the end and went against Moting, Jese, and Sobhi at different points so he definitely had the works thrown at him. Good sign going forward IMO and a little competition there at RB and CB (Lejeune trying to break thru at some point) is only gonna help things across the back.

On ward and Up ward!!

Loved seeing him back. Great sight to see him flying up and down, like. He'll be a massive asset this year.

Impressed by how he played today considering that it's his first game in a long time. Thought he'd look much more rusty than he did.