DeAndre Yedlin (now playing for Inter Miami)

Ameritoon

Yedlin & Ritchie out, King & Choudhury in?

It is amazing how we have fallen that a vast majority (myself included) would on the face of it think we have done well with King, Choudhury and Willems coming in. In reality has Willems even played a game since he was with us? Choudhury has played barely 6 games worth of football this year and King often flatters to deceive. If fit they could all be smart business but knowing our luck we won't get many games out of any of them.

Never been a fan. Pace for days, never uses it to much attacking effect and has shocking positioning which even his rapid pace can't make up for. Has had the odd good game but largely he's been poor. Probably don't dislike him as much as I did Danny Simpson anyway.

The Watford 0-3 home game under Rafa sticks out as one of the worst individual defensive performances in a long long time.

(In before someone mentions Haidara/Debuchy 0-6 Liverpool too)

This is probably spot on about Yedlin.  The goals we conceded when the ball was nonchalantly floated over his head to an unmarked winger were numerous.  Sometimes his pace saved him but more than not it ended up a goal.

He was solid in the championship and half decent the year after. He is yet another player we should have already dumped along with Ritchie, Gayle, Shelvey and I don't mind being overly harsh and likely wrong in saying Clark, who has done well for us this year. Just all limited players that should have been replaced with better. It is no surprise we are always in the mire when we reward them with new contracts instead of shipping them out and upgrading. Having squad depth with limited or aging players that don't kick up a fuss is fine when it isn't approaching half your squad.

Never been a fan. Pace for days, never uses it to much attacking effect and has shocking positioning which even his rapid pace can't make up for. Has had the odd good game but largely he's been poor. Probably don't dislike him as much as I did Danny Simpson anyway.

The Watford 0-3 home game under Rafa sticks out as one of the worst individual defensive performances in a long long time.

(In before someone mentions Haidara/Debuchy 0-6 Liverpool too)

This is probably spot on about Yedlin.  The goals we conceded when the ball was nonchalantly floated over his head to an unmarked winger were numerous.  Sometimes his pace saved him but more than not it ended up a goal.

He was solid in the championship and half decent the year after. He is yet another player we should have already dumped along with Ritchie, Gayle, Shelvey and I don't mind being overly harsh and likely wrong in saying Clark, who has done well for us this year. Just all limited players that should have been replaced with better. It is no surprise we are always in the mire when we reward them with new contracts instead of shipping them out and upgrading. Having squad depth with limited or aging players that don't kick up a fuss is fine when it isn't approaching half your squad.

O0

Steven Taylor v Southampton (I think) away in the season we went down under Rafa was absolutely horrendous. No amount of coaching could fix the state of our centre backs at that stage.

Vividly recall being sat right down the line of him slowly stumbling over on the turn, and face planting the turf as their player ran through and scored.  :lol:

One of the best memories of going to the games I did that season - that and Thauvin crying from away fans booing him against Watford in the Cup then going off 'injured'.

Always liked Yedlin, was great for us in the Championship, adequate for stabilising ourselves in the PL under Rafa and always seemed like a sound character. Unbelievable pace which has dug him out of a few holes defensively and was a limited full back, but pretty much most of our players between 2016 and now have been. Also been treated shockingly with the visa recently and lack of any kind of transfer after its been evident he's wanted away. Wish him nowt but the best if he goes.

At times he'd come inside to cover.  The wide man would be left free as Ritchie didn't track back and stood there pointing angrily with his finger.  Then everyone would blame Yedelin.  He is miles better than Krath and has the edge on Manquillo for me.  Needed a right back really since Debuchy left

Guest neesy111

Can't fault his effort or commitment to us, but never been fond of him as a defender.  Always thought his pace bailed him out for poor defensive poor.  Will wish him best of luck.

Unsurprisingly the treatment towards his end here was undeserved. Communication is the least he'd have deserved.

On the flipside this type of shitehawkery from Ashley and co. is exactly what gives hope in the Jones situation being exactly what it looks like.

Good luck to Yedlin.

Good luck to him, very important player for us in the Championship and first season back in the league to consolidate

Didn't develop as we'd hope, especially in regards to eradicating those defensive frailties we all know he (still) has, but still a really good professional, played over 100 games for the club and I wish him well

Such a great opportunity to move there too, massive club and an exciting challenge  O0