DeAndre Yedlin (now playing for Inter Miami)

Ameritoon

He wanted to basically play here for Rafa or be around Rafa until probably ending his career back home in Seattle. He was quite settled in the region, and spoke glowingly of the people, fans etc from what I’ve heard. Rafa changed his career, made him into something and had him playing his best football for club and country. He had the arm band for a bit tbh.

As a fellow American it was always really cool to hear randoms say they adopted our club because of Yedlin. As crazy as that may be to some of you freaks and weirdos.

Wish him all the best, he was one of Rafa’s guys and will always have utmost respect to those who played their hearts out and gave us something to enjoy, cheer and bring us back some hope — even if it was cut too short.

He wanted to basically play here for Rafa or be around Rafa until probably ending his career back home in Seattle. He was quite settled in the region, and spoke glowingly of the people, fans etc from what I’ve heard. Rafa changed his career, made him into something and had him playing his best football for club and country. He had the arm band for a bit tbh.

As a fellow American it was always really cool to hear randoms say they adopted our club because of Yedlin. As crazy as that may be to some of you freaks and weirdos.

Wish him all the best, he was one of Rafa’s guys and will always have utmost respect to those who played their hearts out and gave us something to enjoy, cheer and bring us back some hope — even if it was cut too short.

:thup: nicely put

Probably for the best that he's going then, may well save a few others from having a lifetime of footballing misery inflicted upon them!

Atsu, Lazaar, Saivet, Carroll, Gayle and Murphy all have their contracts up at the end of the season, so that will help - though you can perhaps see them extending Murphy's if only to avoid the financial loss. There's no way he isn't worth £5-10m to some high-placed Championship side. Gayle is the other one that, if he went for nothing, would be another appalling example of mismanagement. Could easily get near enough our money back on him but the thought of him being here any longer is a bit depressing.

Schär and Fernandez have their contracts up at the end of the season as well, so it's a bit surprising we've had no offers.

Squad's in such a mess, like.

Atsu, Lazaar, Saivet, Carroll, Gayle and Murphy all have their contracts up at the end of the season, so that will help - though you can perhaps see them extending Murphy's if only to avoid the financial loss. There's no way he isn't worth £5-10m to some high-placed Championship side. Gayle is the other one that, if he went for nothing, would be another appalling example of mismanagement. Could easily get near enough our money back on him but the thought of him being here any longer is a bit depressing.

Schär and Fernandez have their contracts up at the end of the season as well, so it's a bit surprising we've had no offers.

Need to get both Schar and Fernandez signed up- probably Murphy too

Always nice to shift a piece of deadwood!

That just leaves:

Lazaar

Saivet

Murphy

Atsu

Gayle

Shelvey

Ritchie

Joelinton

Carroll

To go

I bet a little bit of you died inside when you had to leave Almiron off that list ;)

:lol:

I was thinking that when I made it! But no can’t knock his work rate and there could be a player in there under a decent coach. The rest all need shipping out ASAP though. Maybe a slight argument for keeping Murphy around for a year or so as a squad player.

Aye it is.

If I was in charge of it I would keep the following and only add under 24 players with energy pace and potential in future so we don’t end up with loads of dead wood again.

Darlow, Dubravka, Woodman

Manquillo, Schar, Lascelles, Fernandez, Clark, Dummett, Lewis

S. Longstaff, M Longstaff ( just to see if there is a player there under a new decent coach) Anderson, Hayden, ASM, Almiron, Fraser

Wilson

Not sure if Gayle is mismanagement, can't force him to extend his contract and can't force him to move.

It's mismanagement in that: on several occasions since promotion, we could have sold him for at least what we paid, moved on, signed someone else, and he's a distant memory. Thanks for your efforts in getting us promoted four years ago. But for reasons we all know about, that scenario didn't transpire. Now we're left with either: him running down his contract and leaving for nowt, or giving another sub-standard player a contract extension in the hope we can recoup at least some of his value in the future, at the expense of an important squad place.

I think it's inevitable he'll get a new contract. Murphy too. I doubt Carroll will get an extension but you wouldn't rule it out, would you, given how he's hinted at being capable of playing more than one game in a row. Which, alongside Shelvey and Ritchie, is frankly a fucking pisstake. Clark's is the only one which is really justified because, for all his ceiling is pretty low, he made the step up to the PL with no fuss and is about as good a backup CB you could ask for.

Fernandez and Schär are obviously both worth new contracts but if Schär has anything about him, he wouldn't say yes to any contract at all. You'd think he'll have options basically anywhere. Fernandez is a couple years older so might be a little easier to tempt.

Whatever happens, there's a colossal amount of work to do in the summer transfer window and if the club hasn't been sold, Christ only knows what sort of shite we're going to plug the gaps with. Just how many Jeff Hendricks and Andy Carrolls will we end up with?

It's mismanagement in that: on several occasions since promotion, we could have sold him for at least what we paid, moved on, signed someone else, and he's a distant memory. Thanks for your efforts in getting us promoted four years ago. But for reasons we all know about, that scenario didn't transpire. Now we're left with either: him running down his contract and leaving for nowt, or giving another sub-standard player a contract extension in the hope we can recoup at least some of his value in the future, at the expense of an important squad place.

I think it's inevitable he'll get a new contract. Murphy too. I doubt Carroll will get an extension but you wouldn't rule it out, would you, given how he's hinted at being capable of playing more than one game in a row. Which, alongside Shelvey and Ritchie, is frankly a fucking pisstake. Clark's is the only one which is really justified because, for all his ceiling is pretty low, he made the step up to the PL with no fuss and is about as good a backup CB you could ask for.

Fernandez and Schär are obviously both worth new contracts but if Schär has anything about him, he wouldn't say yes to any contract at all. You'd think he'll have options basically anywhere. Fernandez is a couple years older so might be a little easier to tempt.

Whatever happens, there's a colossal amount of work to do in the summer transfer window and if the club hasn't been sold, Christ only knows what sort of shite we're going to plug the gaps with. Just how many Jeff Hendricks and Andy Carrolls will we end up with?

Maybe I wasnt paying attention, were there concrete offers that we turned down ?

There was one from Fulham when we first came back up but other than that I can't think of any that went public. But I refuse to believe we couldn't have peddled Gayle for a fair price if we'd handled the whole situation better. He basically guarantees you a promotion challenge.

There was one from Fulham when we first came back up but other than that I can't think of any that went public. But I refuse to believe we couldn't have peddled Gayle for a fair price if we'd handled the whole situation better. He basically guarantees you a promotion challenge.

The biggest fucking mistake we made with Gayle is not swapping him for Rondon.