Daryl Murphy

nemtizz

Those people claiming getting squad players in is good are the same people who wanted Williamson gone, and hate colback.

I've seen enough of Murphy to know he's useless. Had a purple patch once in his career, that's it.

I hear you. But I think this is a smart move. Rafa thus far has done a great job in rotating his squad, he's understood that this is a marathon not a sprint and is keeping his players fresh. We won't see real dividends of this until well into the winter months, I expect us to be much stronger in the second half of the season, and we have a larger and stronger squad that probably everyone in this division, adding the like of Murphy just adds to that depth, we would have paid peanuts for him, if he can grab a few goals, like Marlon Harewood did for us last time, the fee will pay for itself.

Comparing this signing to Colback's ffs :lol:

Hardly. I'm saying people are happy to sign him because he'll just be a squad player. Colback's a squad player, doesn't mean he has any footballing quality.

You'll all be bitching in a few months when you see how rubbish he actually is.

Hardly. I'm saying people are happy to sign him because he'll just be a squad player. Colback's a squad player, doesn't mean he has any footballing quality.

http://img.memecdn.com/off_o_504726.jpg

http://img.memecdn.com/off_o_504726.jpg

Great debate. You seen much of him then?

We need a squad as we have a lot of games to play this season, our strike force should be good enough the win this league as it is all fit. It's not the same as in the Premiership when we really needed to improve in key areas but kept on buying useless shite like Colback or were plugging round holes with square pegs.

We've signed Gayle as our main striker and he'll more often than not be playing up top with one of Mitrovic/Diame/Perez/Murphy maybe Sissoko. If he turns out to be tragic beyond belief then fair enough.

Weird how most people on here know every player playing in foreign leagues but have never seen championship players.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with buying squad players, I'd never say that there is. However Murphy is rubbish, and shouldn't be anywhere near our squad. Incredible choice really. Would prefer Jon Parkin.

What the fuck are you talking about man :lol:

I've seen Murphy play before plenty of times.

It's hard to make comments on here ensuring that you cover all bases. I was responding to deuce.

So what's he gonna add to this side, in your (hans) opinion?

Just an extra man who can play up front. I don't think he improves us when all fully fit.

I don't think it's an amazing signing or out, and at nearly 34 he might be completely finished, but we desperately needed another actual striker (I think we need another on top of this as well).

I don't know who we've tried for or why we've failed but I assume us not being willing to offer guaranteed first team football is the reason we've ended up with Murphy ahead of someone promising. I hope so anyway :lol:

Interviewed after game(Rafa), and says I just concentrate on the football, Lee Charnley is dealing with it.

Never likes to give much away, I'm just not convinced he's making all the signings.

It's going to be a joint effort. There's nothing wrong with that either.

Not the contract side of things, of course not. He is in charge of all football matters however, as per his contract. Benitez isn't a pushover like McClaren was, he wouldn't stand for some of the bullshit of previous years, just like Keegan didn't.

EDIT - in reply to mighty__mag

Not the contract side of things, of course not. He is in charge of all football matters however, as per his contract. Benitez isn't a pushover like McClaren was, he wouldn't stand for some of the bullshit of previous years, just like Keegan didn't.

The fact that we're building a squad is a clear indicator that Rafa calls the shots.

Charnley does the paperwork like he always has done. He'll have no say whatsoever on who we're bringing in beyond "aye, we'll give you the money for him" or "soz, too much m8".

Rafa will work with the scouting network but ultimately have the final say otherwise he wouldn't be here. Proper reaching like :lol:

Looks like he's s*** but agree that we need a squad. We're not going to fork out or attract players to be 4th choice striker in the Championship - and this guys got 10 and 27 league goals in his last two seasons. Glad we're getting some depth and don't expect him to play too much of a role.

Comparing him to Colback - I don't like Colback but similarly, I think he should be in our squad

You think Lee Charnley is picking out our signings?

Naa no way, Carr compiled his end of season report, and I guess they looked at it and Rafa has just said what kind of players he's looking for, and they decided who fit on the list.

It's all three, but the reports were pre compiled. The real transfer activity which I believe will be Benitez, will be in January and next season. I'm guessing he's just had to go with what scouts we have and there recommendations, given he's just agreed to stick around, and get the boys confidence up.

Think what I believe is, many probably were not ones that Rafa just went straight out and said get him no matter what.

You know what it doesn't matter, but I think we have been led up the path RE; Rafa in total control of everything.

And I base that solely on Carr still being here.