Daryl Murphy

nemtizz

Wouldn't have touched him with a barge pole (but then I can say that about a few of the signings so far to be honest), however we are in the Championship and as such have to cut our cloth to suit. If we go up I would imagine a few of these players will then be resold to Championship clubs again as there will be an requirement for huge investment to be made.

literally no idea who this c*** is :lol:

giving him the benefit of the doubt, sounds experienced, hopefully he can show mitro how to deal with defenders and not have the disciplinary record of a mass murderer

Daryl Murphy has been around ages, I find it a bit mad someone can say they've never heard of him if they've followed British football :lol:

literally no idea who this c*** is [emoji38]

giving him the benefit of the doubt, sounds experienced, hopefully he can show mitro how to deal with defenders and not have the disciplinary record of a mass murderer

Daryl Murphy has been around ages, I find it a bit mad someone can say they've never heard of him if they've followed British football [emoji38]

I've heard the name I guess but if I've ever seen him play it escapes me. Last 10 years or so I've followed Newcastle rather than football in general due to time differences and such, rarely been easy to catch games.

literally no idea who this cunt is :lol:

He had around a 1 in 10 record for Sunderland. He was there for what seems like years but kept getting loaned to struggling championship teams.

literally no idea who this c*** is [emoji38]

Daryl Murphy has been around ages, I find it a bit mad someone can say they've never heard of him if they've followed British football [emoji38]

I've heard the name I guess but if I've ever seen him play it escapes me. Last 10 years or so I've followed Newcastle rather than football in general due to time differences and such, rarely been easy to catch games.

Fair enough :thup: Played over 100 times for Sunderland so if you were in or around the North East region it would have been easier to be aware of him I guess

Hang on..... didn't he win goal of the season one year?

Goal of the month for the mackems. Search "Daryl Murphy goal of the month".

Did, still haven't seen it.

Search Daryl Murphy Wigan.

At absolute worst he's a 1 in 3 Championship striker who can hold it up and won't moan about sitting on the bench. Not ideal but definitely fills a gap.

Pretty much this. Think he'll be a decent option in a home game or two against a struggling side. Squad player to get us up, nothing more and nothing less.

This signing is big for Mitrovic, because Murphy is clearly more of a backup/contingency in case Mitro is not good enough or suspended or injured.

Mitrovic needs to take advantage and make sure he performs. Be great if it works out well for him.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...