Daryl Murphy

nemtizz

You think Lee Charnley is picking out our signings?

Naa no way, Carr compiled his end of season report, and I guess they looked at it and Rafa has just said what kind of players he's looking for, and they decided who fit on the list.

It's all three, but the reports were pre compiled. The real transfer activity which I believe will be Benitez, will be in January and next season. I'm guessing he's just had to go with what scouts we have and there recommendations, given he's just agreed to stick around, and get the boys confidence up.

Think what I believe is, many probably were not ones that Rafa just went straight out and said get him no matter what.

You know what it doesn't matter, but I think we have been led up the path RE; Rafa in total control of everything.

And I base that solely on Carr still being here.

Aye Carr used to love bringing in 34 year old championship players

What is this based on?

It's pretty clear that Benitez has told them their transfer policy was fucking stupid and would have made it a priority they changed it. Carr and the scouting team will be doing most of the scouting work, it's their job, but I would be amazed if it wasn't on Benitez' orders, and there's no chance they're signing players without his say, especialy not 31 year old Spanish reserve right-backs and 33 year old Irish forwards.

Screams experienced backup to me. Be interesting how long the deal is. Most players we've signed have been players who can do a job in both Championship and Premier League but always useful to have some experienced heads at this level.

Screams experienced backup to me. Be interesting how long the deal is. Most players we've signed have been players who can do a job in both Championship and Premier League but always useful to have some experienced heads at this level.

Aye, same with Jesus. Benitez has talked about needing experience.

It's something which we cannot really have an appreciation for looking in from the outside but which is obviously important. Those 2 and Gouffran would be the only players over 30 on our books would they not?

I love that people have pounced on the signing of a 33 year old striker to claim that the club are signing players against Rafa's wishes. You're all f***ing mental :lol:

Have they been following the club the last few years? If there is one thing Charnley loves it's resale value.

It's without doubt a Rafa signing, like. He's been talking about needing an experienced Championship striker to boost squad numbers all summer and it's been obvious with our style of play so far that we need an additional target man for when Mitrovic inevitably goes missing.

Think it's more a case of skipping down the list to a plan f or g : an experienced short term backup, and then getting one of the top of the listers when we are a more attractive option  (hopefully Jan or summer).

We could alternatively spend a lot more money now and have a long term deal for someone that is a lower on our list (a plan d or e) and will be harder to shift when we need someone better in the premiership.

Anyone who thinks Rafa isn't signing these players is basically talking shite. Absolutely no chance Rafa would have signed on here with us in the Championship and have Carr and Charnley tell him who they're signing. Just repeat that to yourself for anyone who thinks that is the process...

Then sit down and have a word with yourself.

.com hitting the nail in the head with this:

Given the age range of our squad, a relatively cheap move for someone of Murphy's experience seems like a no-brainer and bears comparison to the signing of Marlon Harewood in our last Championship campaign

Harewood was a short term loan and has a much better goal scoring record.

Fair enough signing, really. Be very disappointing if we don't end up with a winger, mind.

Have to wonder if there is actually a chance Sissoko will be staying and we'll only sign another winger if he goes.

Given the age range of our squad, a relatively cheap move for someone of Murphy's experience seems like a no-brainer and bears comparison to the signing of Marlon Harewood in our last Championship campaign

:thup:

Better goal scoring record? 

End of the day, players like him will help the team. He's got a decent record albeit being total clogger and pretty shite imo, however perspective is needed. We are a championship club. Need to buy players who will be half decent backups to those starting 11.

As the fat lad in the fourth said, we need two different squads.