Daryl Murphy

nemtizz

He's a squad player man simple as that.  Proven in the league we are in, we aren't going to attract premiership players for every position and premier strikers cost a fortune.  Can't understand the fuss

We showed yesterday that the best teams in the division can be dispatched without a quality striker. People need to simmer down.

:thup: Simply having a focal point in this league can make all the difference, providing of course that there's a semblance of talent in each other position.

I think it's a reasonable signing tbh, but if Gayle gets a lengthy injury we could struggle for goals.

Yesterday bodes really well, mind you. No strikers but can others can still score from set pieces.

When he comes off the bench and starts bullying defenders for the last 20 minutes we will be happy. Unless Gayle and Mitrovic are injured, he won't be starting very often.

With Ritchie, the new LB, Shelvey, Perez you'd think he'll get on the end of a few crossed too

People being underwhelmed by this is totally understandable. Poor player from what I've seen of him.

But if he proves me wrong then I'll be more than happy. I reckon he'll listen to the best manger he's had, too. So I'm prepared to be proven wrong.

I do love how we're building a deep squad that everyone will get a chance. It'll take time to fully work...but the squad rotation will mean any sub coming on will always come onto the field as the best possible fit.

That parts fine though, doubt is normal & sensible. Everyone has opinions.

The laughable part is when people come with complete self assurance in their own opinions, calling it a shit transfer & creating conspiracy theories about the managers involvement. You cant claim to trust the manager, then go about slating the transfer's he approves. Its a nonsensical position & everyone should have learnt not to write people off by now.

People being underwhelmed by this is totally understandable. Poor player from what I've seen of him.

But if he proves me wrong then I'll be more than happy. I reckon he'll listen to the best manger he's had, too. So I'm prepared to be proven wrong.

I do love how we're building a deep squad that everyone will get a chance. It'll take time to fully work...but the squad rotation will mean any sub coming on will always come onto the field as the best possible fit.

That parts fine though, doubt is normal & sensible. Everyone has opinions.

The laughable part is when people come with complete self assurance in their own opinions, calling it a shit transfer & creating conspiracy theories about the managers involvement. You cant claim to trust the manager, then go about slating the transfer's he approves. Its a nonsensical position & everyone should have learnt not to write people off by now.

Now now, far too much common sense there.

He's been chosen for his style of play and how many goals he'll help the team score, not solely how many goals he'll contribute. On that, we'll never know, but I suspect he would have converted more of the chances than Mitro did last season and I also think he will (if he is open to it) teach Mitro a trick of two. I'm delighted, just what we need, for now.

Don't rate him but good luck to him. Hope he doesn't stifle opportunities for Armstrong.

I don't know much about him, but from what I've heard on the tv from one of his former team mates he's more of a target man so more likely competition for Mitro rather than Armstrong.

Armstrong isn't going to get a chance anyway. He didn't even get a minute yesterday and that was with probably our 3 most favoured strikers unavailable. I think it's a bit shit tbh that he isn't going to get a chance but I guess Rafa doesn't put much emphasis on playing younger players

Armstrong isn't going to get a chance anyway. He didn't even get a minute yesterday and that was with probably our 3 most favoured strikers unavailable. I think it's a bit shit tbh that he isn't going to get a chance but I guess Rafa doesn't put much emphasis on playing younger players

I think he puts more emphasis on getting results.