Official: Callum McManaman does NOT join Newcastle United

Incognito

Urgh... I hope this c*** snaps a leg in training or something. Our signings this summer have been very meh in all reality. I'd fear for us if we went up, we would have to invest in serious quality.

I thought you had more faith in Rafa than Bobby etc?

I have complete faith in Rafa, but I cannot be the only one looking at what is basically a whole new XI brought in and feel underwhelmed? I'd rather bring in 2 or 3 special players to destroy the league than a whole new team of average players or unknowns because I feel that will get you out of the division not squad depth and having a player for each position.

Time will tell, I hope I'm wrong of course!

We've lost 16 players. We couldn't just bring in two or three.

It's much better to pad out the squad with top-end championship players than to buy knockheart for 25m

Is it? He would transform our side alone man.

25m would be mental for a player that's only done it at this level like. Would just rather we bought some potential like Hayden that could grow with us. Can't see that with a fair few we have signed.

If he joins he'D better address the tackle snd apologise to Haidara. That would be key for him. It really was a horrible moment. It's a shame because he's got ability and is decent on the left. Would be really difficult to toot for him without some seriously good PR moves on his part.

I've been lurking on here for almost 2 years without posting, so I figured I might as well start.

Before the Community Shield game he was asked about it.  Sounds like he's been coached about how to answer.  Not sure if he's done someone else since that tackle to "prove" he's changed but still seems to be a cunt.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2388732/Callum-McManaman-admits-regret-horror-tackle-Newastles-Massimo-Haidara.html

'I actually thought I'd won the ball cleanly and it was only afterwards when I saw the replays that I realised what I'd done.

'It's something I regret and, if could go back in time, I'd make sure it didn't happen, but it did and all I can do now is work on my game and try and make sure it doesn't happen again.'

McManaman admitted that he was fortunate to escape a ban after referee Mark Halsey failed to send him off. The FA were unable to take retrospective action as at least one of the match officials, unlike Halsey, had seen the incident, although that loophole has since been closed.

He said: 'Luckily I didn't get banned for it, although obviously I couldn't have complained if I had, and I was able to play in the semi-final at Wembley.

'Had I been suspended for that one maybe I wouldn't have got back in for the final and it would've been a different story.

'It was important to me to show people that that isn't what I'm about and hopefully I did that in the final. I'm a winger and my game isn't about tackling.'

Urgh... I hope this c*** snaps a leg in training or something. Our signings this summer have been very meh in all reality. I'd fear for us if we went up, we would have to invest in serious quality.

I have complete faith in Rafa, but I cannot be the only one looking at what is basically a whole new XI brought in and feel underwhelmed? I'd rather bring in 2 or 3 special players to destroy the league than a whole new team of average players or unknowns because I feel that will get you out of the division not squad depth and having a player for each position.

I don't have any issue with the signings as we're buying realistic targets as a championship side. The squad will clearly be updated with premier league quality if we get promoted. Not sure who some people were expecting us to sign really.

I don't have any issue with the signings as we're buying realistic targets as a championship side. The squad will clearly be updated with premier league quality if we get promoted. Not sure who some people were expecting us to sign really.

I'm actually very happy with most of our signings, they might not be dead exciting, but for once we are building a proper squad with plenty of options in every position.

I'm actually very happy with most of our signings, they might not be dead exciting, but for once we are building a proper squad with plenty of options in every position.

Especially when you consider the number of games involved in the league. .....and our injury record

Same here, feels good knowing if someone doesn't perform someone else can step in.

It's much better to pad out the squad with top-end championship players than to buy knockheart for 25m

Is it? He would transform our side alone man.

He would this season for sure, but he struggled to get in the Leicester side when they were battling relegation didn't he? I'd trust Rafa to find a much better talent for that sort of money this time next year.

Guest chopey

The Cactus.................. efficient but difficult to love ..............thread title change if ever I've seen one

Is he only considered a c*** because of the Haidara tackle/foul/attempted murder?

YouTube his red cards against Sheff Wed and Bournemouth. He's a really nasty piece of work.

Got the ball imo.

If he joins he'D better address the tackle snd apologise to Haidara. That would be key for him. It really was a horrible moment. It's a shame because he's got ability and is decent on the left. Would be really difficult to toot for him without some seriously good PR moves on his part.

I've been lurking on here for almost 2 years without posting, so I figured I might as well start.

Before the Community Shield game he was asked about it.  Sounds like he's been coached about how to answer.  Not sure if he's done someone else since that tackle to "prove" he's changed but still seems to be a c***.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2388732/Callum-McManaman-admits-regret-horror-tackle-Newastles-Massimo-Haidara.html

'I actually thought I'd won the ball cleanly and it was only afterwards when I saw the replays that I realised what I'd done.

'It's something I regret and, if could go back in time, I'd make sure it didn't happen, but it did and all I can do now is work on my game and try and make sure it doesn't happen again.'

McManaman admitted that he was fortunate to escape a ban after referee Mark Halsey failed to send him off. The FA were unable to take retrospective action as at least one of the match officials, unlike Halsey, had seen the incident, although that loophole has since been closed.

He said: 'Luckily I didn't get banned for it, although obviously I couldn't have complained if I had, and I was able to play in the semi-final at Wembley.

'Had I been suspended for that one maybe I wouldn't have got back in for the final and it would've been a different story.

'It was important to me to show people that that isn't what I'm about and hopefully I did that in the final. I'm a winger and my game isn't about tackling.'

It's probably going to be brought up again if he signs and so I hope he's ready to speak about it more, and do a good job of addressing it. It will make life  lot easier for him, and will calm things down a bit.

I remember Bellamy saying when he signed for Liverpool that Rafa asked him why he always played with such a snarl, and that it wasn't the right way to go about things. Hope Rafa has a word with this guy too, which would help. No need for those daft tackles at all.

I hope the whole thing is just handled well, because I think he could be quite useful. Probably more encouraging that Pulis didn't rate him than if he did the daft Neanderthal. That guy had Gnabry on the bench all of last season, while playing Gardner on the wing.