Official: Callum McManaman does NOT join Newcastle United

Incognito

If he joins he'D better address the tackle snd apologise to Haidara. That would be key for him. It really was a horrible moment. It's a shame because he's got ability and is decent on the left. Would be really difficult to toot for him without some seriously good PR moves on his part.

If he joins he'D better address the tackle snd apologise to Haidara. That would be key for him. It really was a horrible moment. It's a shame because he's got ability and is decent on the left. Would be really difficult to toot for him without some seriously good PR moves on his part.

I would assume he has already done that.

The defender, who grew up in the same Trappes district of Paris as Nicolas Anelka, was told yesterday that McManaman wishes to meet him and Haïdara is willing to do so next week. "There is the difficulty of the language barrier but I think we will try to see each other with an interpreter."

He says he bears the Merseyside-born winger no anger. "In the moment, I was really, really angry with him. I thought he had stopped my career. Now I feel differently and just hope that this will give him a lesson and that next time he will know how to stop himself."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/massadio-haidara-speaks-out-over-callum-mcmanaman-horror-challenge-tackle-could-have-ruined-my-life-8543135.html

Soon as he has a couple of good games then everyone will forget all about that tackle. We've witnessed a few of our own make horrendous tackles over the last few years afterall.

My concerns are whether he's good enough but the fact that we only have Ritchie as a natural winger at the minute means I will give him a chance.

I don't really give a toss about the tackle, I'd be more concerned that Pulis wants rid of a footballer that should be ideal for his type of football. If the challenge on Haidara was really an accident then he's obviously a clumsy cunt regardless of any other character flaws.

Soon as he has a couple of good games then everyone will forget all about that tackle. We've witnessed a few of our own make horrendous tackles over the last few years afterall.

My concerns are whether he's good enough but the fact that we only have Ritchie as a natural winger at the minute means I will give him a chance.

I don't really give a toss about the tackle, I'd be more concerned that Pulis wants rid of a footballer that should be ideal for his type of football. If the challenge on Haidara was really an accident then he's obviously a clumsy c*** regardless of any other character flaws.

Pulis hates any player that can't throw long, kick long or doesn't just defend. Would never base anything on his opinion of a player.

Basically I think judgment reserved but he'll probably have to do more than the other new signings to win me over. I think the concerns about character are valid bearing in mind the amount of people citing the importance of being "up for it" and having a "good attitude" in identifying other recruits this summer. Our picture of him is (understandably) biased.

Guest reefatoon

All the talk on here of people hoping he breaks a leg or a career ending injury, I think Nemtizz has really stepped over the mark with that comment.

It was a horrendous tackle but a few years ago now and I've read quotes of what seems genuine regret. Benitez is surely fully aware of the implications of "the tackle" but if he thinks he can do a job to help promotion and that it won't affect team spirit then so be it. Not something that bothers me really.

Watching it back the tackle itself is just very poorly timed, he tries to clear it and completely misses the ball.

The concerning part is he shows no instant concern that he's just taken out a players knee & runs off for the ball as if nothing happened.

Thought he looked really good when he first started out at Wigan, but he's done nowt for a while now....and he's quite clearly a bit of a cunt.

Maybe he's just a short term loan until the Papadum Kid is back?

Who's the Potassium Kid?

That was mcclean, given he's an Irish.

Also, who gives a f***.

Same I must be the only person who couldn't care if he signs or not ? Always thought he was a decent wee player whoen he was at Wigan !.... Also I completely forgot about that tackle to haidara until yesterday ? Saying that it was paddy's day and I was fucked up on Guinness

Also, who gives a f***.

Same I must be the only person who couldn't care if he signs or not ? Always thought he was a decent wee player whoen he was at Wigan !.... Also I completely forgot about that tackle to haidara until yesterday ? Saying that it was paddy's day and I was fucked up on Guinness

Wey I just don't care about whether someone wears a poppy or not, even if it is bellend McClean.

I still think McManaman is also a bellend. Seemed like a reasonable player a year or so ago... so I could deal with him signing, but ideally we make him publically kiss Haidara's ring(piece?) before he gets to play for us.

Also, who gives a f***.

Same I must be the only person who couldn't care if he signs or not ? Always thought he was a decent wee player whoen he was at Wigan !.... Also I completely forgot about that tackle to haidara until yesterday ? Saying that it was paddy's day and I was f***ed up on Guinness

Wey I just don't care about whether someone wears a poppy or not, even if it is bellend McClean.

I still think McManaman is also a bellend. Seemed like a reasonable player a year or so ago... so I could deal with him signing, but ideally we make him publically kiss Haidara's ring(piece?) before he gets to play for us.

He's not a reasonable player, he was only an average player at wigan who shone in a couple of games. He's done nothing since he went to Brom, even if it weren't for the tackle I wouldn't take the lad, doesn't offer anything to the team at all.

I wouldn't say that "reasonable" and "average" were all that dissimilar a term like :lol: We've got plenty of average players, he'll fit in perfectly. I can take it or leave it.

This whole thing would be a massive shrug of the shoulders if it wasn't for the tackle.

I wouldn't say that "reasonable" and "average" were all that dissimilar a term like :lol: We've got plenty of average players, he'll fit in perfectly. I can take it or leave it.

This whole thing would be a massive shrug of the shoulders if it wasn't for the tackle.

Average player at Wigan is not a Resonable player for us in my book. This is would the worst signing of the summer if it came off, people could argue the abilities of Clark, Hanley or Murphy but all three fill a certain need and offer value to the squad. McManaman is a nothing player, who is no better than putting Gouff or Perez on the left.

The love for Rafa will stop this being a PR disaster but it's still not really a good move from that perspective considering it appears needless, Brom want to get rid of player from their wage bill that offers them little, why do we need to help them out ? Even his current manager is saying he doesn't like him and happy just to get his money back, and his current manager is Tony Pullis !!

Average player at Wigan is not a Resonable player for us in my book. This is would the worst signing of the summer if it came off, people could argue the abilities of Clark, Hanley or Murphy but all three fill a certain need and offer value to the squad. McManaman is a nothing player, who is no better than putting Gouff or Perez on the left.

The love for Rafa will stop this being a PR disaster but it's still not really a good move from that perspective considering it appears needless, Brom want to get rid of player from their wage bill that offers them little, why do we need to help them out ? Even his current manager is saying he doesn't like him and happy just to get his money back, and his current manager is Tony Pullis !!

Just fyi, the word average is used to describe the word reasonable in le dictionaire...

http://i.imgur.com/gCRt6Vk.png