Christian Atsu (1992–2023)

Kaizero

Was excellent today, especially first half.

I've always thought he'd be better on the right than the left but Ritchie is more effective on the right and a better player

I don't think we'll keep him like, unless it's something like another loan in with an option to buy or something.

To me it's a no brainer tbh, although it depends on what Rafa wants to sign.

I'd agree like. Benitez choosing Gouffran over him every week in the Championship doesn't give him much hope for the Premiership though. If anything I'd expect us to offer Gouffran a new contract.

I like Atsu despite his inconsistency though.

Would definitely sign him as back up, as long as we do sign someone else to play ahead of him.

If we don't sign anybody else he'd be even more important to us.  :lol:

Given that Ritchie is our only wide player, signing this guy for his very reasonable release fee is a no brainer IMO.

Wouldn't be happy if he was first choice left winger but as a squad player we could do a lot worse, he's generally excellent off the bench too.

I'm hoping we sign Atsu and another winger while getting rid of Gouffran. :lol: Usually i wouldn't set my expectations that high, but i trust Rafa completely.

I think we'll sign a couple of wingers and get rid of both.

I just cannot see Benitez signing a player he rarely played ahead of - as Sewelly says - a 30 year old Yoan Gouffran we tried to peddle last summer ahead of a Championship season :lol:

I know he's still pretty young and it's only around ~£6m like.

I'm hoping we sign Atsu and another winger while getting rid of Gouffran. :lol: Usually i wouldn't set my expectations that high, but i trust Rafa completely.

I think we'll sign a couple of wingers and get rid of both.

I just cannot see Benitez signing a player he rarely played ahead of - as Sewelly says - a 30 year old Yoan Gouffran we tried to peddle last summer ahead of a Championship season :lol:

I know he's still pretty young and it's only around ~£6m like.

I said it earlier in the thread, but if we sign a better player than Atsu I'll be a happy man. Not that he's brilliant or anything, but it's been a while since we had a decent winger who can score goals. The last one we had was bombed out by the fraud.

I said it earlier in the thread, but if we sign a better player than Atsu I'll be a happy man. Not that he's brilliant or anything, but it's been a while since we had a decent winger who can score goals. The last one we had was bombed out by the fraud.

Agreed, we've not had one since Ritchie was banned.

I've changed my mind on him like, I'd sign him.  At £6m it's a low risk, he looks like a player on an upward curve who can continue to improve.  He's quick and direct, aye PL defences are a lot better but he would still be useful if used correctly.