Newcastle United 0-2 Wolverhampton Wanderers - post-match from pg. 17

Disco

Guest neesy111

Are you allowed to be disappointed about a shit performance without being fucking "kneejerk" anymore? [emoji38]

Not at all, but when it gets into 'Rafa dropped a bollock' and 'we need to play this way not that way' when both goals were individual errors and we just beat a team 6-0 away from home, then people have a point tbf.

This game sounded a replica of the Huddersfield game, so it's not a one off.

I don't like the lack of pace out wide when we put out sides like today. Ritchie's a smashing player but he isn't quick and that's further compounded by putting Perez on the other wing and two defensive full backs.

Are you allowed to be disappointed about a shit performance without being fucking "kneejerk" anymore? [emoji38]

Not at all, but when it gets into 'Rafa dropped a bollock' and 'we need to play this way not that way' when both goals were individual errors and we just beat a team 6-0 away from home, then people have a point tbf.

We've lost badly at home to one of the worst sides in the Championship. It's a massive cause for concern.

These set of players get complacent and carried away too easily. That lost to Fulham and Huddersfield were lost as they thought they would walk the league, albeit the opponents were good. This loss is a complete reflection of them being over their heads.

Last time down here we were unbeaten all season at home. :blush:

Last time down here we didn't have a sack of fannies way too prone to bottling games. Bunch of cowards who are afraid of a big crowd. "Ewww, ohhhh over 50,000 I am so scared". Shame on them tonight. I want expect Rafa will be as pissed as I am and sort them out because they need sorting out after that performance it was a shambles.

I don't like the lack of pace out wide when we put out sides like today. Ritchie's a smashing player but he isn't quick and that's further compounded by putting Perez on the other wing and two defensive full backs.

Which is exactly why we needed to spend money on a winger in the transfer window.

That 6-0 win and Wolves 0-4 defeat on Tuesday were probably the worst things that could have happened, as I suspect a lot of people (any maybe some of the players, from sound of it) felt we just had to turn up today.

Hopefully today will be a wake up call, and reminder that this is a long season, and there will be teams who come and try to frustrate us, and we'll have to play better more consistently.

Anyway, I wont be getting too worked up about this defeat, as its still early days in the season, and we move on to the next match.

Doesn't change my belief we will either win this league or get 2nd, but I'm f***ing p*ssed off at the no-show performance.

I don't know how you can be this sure. Right now I don't know what to think. Our players seem to be afraid of the goldfish bowl and the crowd at home.

Which is exactly why we needed to spend money on a winger in the transfer window.

Rafa might have to give Atsu more starts instead of shoehorning strikers into wide positions. Or start introducing attacking full backs. Something needs to change, we can't rely on keeping clean sheets every week.

Guest firetotheworks

This game sounded a replica of the Huddersfield game, so it's not a one off.

I didn't say it was. Putting this match down to Rafa seems a bit odd though considering the nature of the goals conceded.

Disappointing but 39 points dropped last year was enough for Automatic Promotion. Home defeats gotta stop. Still think Yedlin and Lazaar at home is the way to go....teams would have to account for two more players coming at them and would create overload opportunities for Ritchie to cut in among others. Especially if Rafa is determined to go with 1 striker (which I think most people disagree with). If Rafa switched to 2 strikers then just Lazaar starting would suffice. Cant drop many more at home. Really disappointing.