Newcastle United 0-2 Wolverhampton Wanderers - post-match from pg. 17

Disco

Are you allowed to be disappointed about a shit performance without being fucking "kneejerk" anymore? [emoji38]

Not at all, but when it gets into 'Rafa dropped a bollock' and 'we need to play this way not that way' when both goals were individual errors and we just beat a team 6-0 away from home, then people have a point tbf.

This game sounded a replica of the Huddersfield game, so it's not a one off.

I didn't say it was. Putting this match down to Rafa seems a bit odd though considering the nature of the goals conceded.

Said it a few times now but you are always going to get games where a defender makes a gaffe. That's not the problem, but not creating chances at home suggests we haven't got the attacking side of it right yet.

Sounded like a bad performance, sloppy in possession and couldn't cope with Wolves pressing us.  It'll happen though, unfortunately, but I reckon Rafa will get it sorted.  I think Wolves had a gameplan to not give us any time on the ball, to force mistakes and it worked.  The boss will have seen it and he'll have them working on it hopefully.

Not the end of the world by any means but definitely needs some improvement.

Guest neesy111

Sounded like a bad performance, sloppy in possession and couldn't cope with Wolves pressing us.  It'll happen though, unfortunately, but I reckon Rafa will get it sorted.  I think Wolves had a gameplan to not give us any time on the ball, to force mistakes and it worked.  The boss will have seen it and he'll have them working on it hopefully.

Not the end of the world by any means but definitely needs some improvement.

Sounds like a direct copy of the huddersfield game plan against us.

Two defeats at home already is a bit of a concern, especially when we didnt lose once last time all season at home.

What happened the last time we played in the Championship is completely and unequivocally irrelevant to this season.

Guest firetotheworks

Sorry like, I'm all for attacking play and would prefer us to play with two strikers as well, but the mistakes and shit passing have nothing to do with formations, it's simply poor performances from players not doing their job properly.

Two defeats at home already is a bit of a concern, especially when we didnt lose once last time all season at home.

What happened the last time we played in the Championship is completely and unequivocally irrelevant to this season.

Silly, arrogant thing to say.

Said it a few times now but you are always going to get games where a defender makes a gaffe. That's not the problem, but not creating chances at home suggests we haven't got the attacking side of it right yet.

Lowes and Anderson kept saying we were 'chalk and cheese'... 'night and day' compared to Tuesday night, as if that was the norm... up to now, it may be the exception. We will need to keep working on things... just because we scored 6, doesn't mean we'd hit some magic formula

It was just one of those games, as today may have been. Its how the players react in the next few matches that will be telling.

Sorry like, I'm all for attacking play and would prefer us to play with two strikers as well, but the mistakes and s*** passing have nothing to do with formations, it's simply poor performances from players not doing their job properly.

:thup: that team selection was more than good enough to win today.

Last time down here we were unbeaten all season at home. :blush:

Think people were getting over confident already after that win midweek. It's not as easy a league as made out, need to really be on it to be as good as we were that season and also manage the huge expectations at our home matches. As much as I think rotation will work, can't help thinking now is possibly a bit early for it without gelling enough. If that makes sense.

Sorry like, I'm all for attacking play and would prefer us to play with two strikers as well, but the mistakes and shit passing have nothing to do with formations, it's simply poor performances from players not doing their job properly.

So do you think the same side would carve open Wolves on Wednesday night then?

Guest firetotheworks

So do you think the same side would carve open Wolves on Wednesday night then?

That team was the first time this season I've seen nothing but 'good line up' etc in posts on here before the match. That line up should have definitely beaten Wolves, yes.

Got to go to the game at the last minute through someone's season ticket... Was just one of those typical NUFC days. Everything lining up perfectly until the actual match came about.

Oh well.

I would disagree. Our home form was crucial in helping us win the league last time and if we're already seeing signs that our home form isnt going to be as good this time round then it's surely cause for concern at this stage?

Silly, arrogant thing to say.

Nah, it's not. It's pointless hearkening back to a division that's far different now than it used to be, or holding this team to the same standards as that one.

I would disagree. Our home form was crucial in helping us win the league last time and if we're already seeing signs that our home form isnt going to be as good this time round then it's surely cause for concern at this stage?

Only if you hold all else constant, which it's not.

We lost today. We're going to lose more than a few matches this season. Shake it off and move on.

Guest neesy111

Terrible today, but we lost due to our own failings.

Couldn't string two passes together and everyone had a nightmare. We'll have a couple of these this season, but the important thing is to react and we've got a big game next week to do that.

Was Anita's a definite red? Couldn't see properly from where I was.

Sky said it was harsh.

We will be fine. 4 points from villa and Norwich will keep us up there then we have a long run of games after that v the so called smaller clubs

Let's hope we put out sides to get after those smaller clubs then rather than the no pace, one striker caution we have seen at home games so far this season.