Newcastle United vs Norwich City - 28/9/16 @ 7:45pm - No TV

HaydnNUFC

Is this game already massive for us?

Looking at the table tonight after everyone else has played and it's absolutely mental.

Villa 2 wins from us if we lose tomorrow, Brentford climbing, Bristol on fire, Sheffield Wednesday creeping, and Huddersfield keeping this miracle going.

I think we really need to show up tomorrow no excuses. Just wish Rafa would break the fucking lone striker mould and have some fun in this division instead of over analysing everything.

Looking at the table tonight after everyone else has played and it's absolutely mental.

Villa 2 wins from us if we lose tomorrow, Brentford climbing, Bristol on fire, Sheffield Wednesday creeping, and Huddersfield keeping this miracle going.

I think we really need to show up tomorrow no excuses. Just wish Rafa would break the fucking lone striker mould and have some fun in this division instead of over analysing everything.

Even if we lose we'll only be 6 off promotion spots. We gave everyone a 6 point start and sorted that out in no time. The time to worry is if we're adrift at Christmas.

More concerned about putting in a decent performance for a full 90 tomorrow.

Even if we lose we'll only be 6 of promotion spots. We gave everyone a 6 point start and sorted that out in no time. The time to worry is if we're adrift at Christmas.

More concerned about putting a decent performance for a full 90 tomorrow.

Yeah true on the Christmas part, no doubt we would invest, as I believe it's a priority on everyone not just Rafa that we return at the first attempt.

But yeah these lads can do this division,they are good enough. Rafa and his rotation is a bit nuts, as you can't really get a decent spirit going and consistency. Nobody has been consistently really impressive after nearly 10 games, Ritchie possibly, nothing incredible but I think he's the most selected player.

Love Rafa but he's one of them managers who frustrate me because all fans have their opinions on things, but you just have to sit back and trust him.

Unfortunately so far in this league we are nothing special, sitting 9th, yes still within 2 wins of top but so are a lot of clubs, we need to get some serious wins on the board and pull away from the pack, cant be fucked with worrying all season about getting promoted and we would 100% lose a playoff final.

Need to cut out these losses.

Wouldn't say I'm worried as such just thought we would have started to pull away a little bit by now.

Was it Reading(?) who were near the relegation zone going into the new year, but still ended up in the playoffs a few years ago?

Would be very, very surprised if we didn't win tomorrow.

Think you're thinking of Barnsley in League 1 last season.

Unfortunately so far in this league we are nothing special, sitting 9th, yes still within 2 wins of top but so are a lot of clubs, we need to get some serious wins on the board and pull away from the pack, cant be fucked with worrying all season about getting promoted and we would 100% lose a playoff final.

Need to cut out these losses.

Wouldn't say I'm worried as such just thought we would have started to pull away a little bit by now.

from everything ive seen we are that one bit of class in this league, we need to be much stronger at the back and learn how to not lose.

i'd be gutted not even be in the play offs.

a draw would see us in 4th  ???

Would be happy long as we don't lose tonight. Confident of getting a good haul out our next 8 games or so which would have us top 2. Might need a big signing in January attacking wise to help us over that line though

doesnt always work, remember Tino  :lol:

i think we have enough to do it but i get that a signing might just clinch it  :naughty:

In the context of this league we have had a difficult first 10 games and we're doing ok.

Tonight's game is however quite pivotal to how we fare.

Win, we kick on and go top within a few games.

Lose or draw,not the end of the world. We're then involved in a scrap with a lot of other teams to be top six come December.

Generally we've dominated games and looked better than the opposition and that should be a sign that things will be fine especially considering our squad depth.

Well Huddersfield have less points from their last 4 games than we do and that's been our bad spell.  Villa are 2 wins from us, but we're 2 wins from top.  They also have significantly less points from their last 4 games than we do (their points total so far is the same as the points we've got from just our last 4 games), so they're hardly catching us.