Rotherham United 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 01/10/16 post match blather from p23

BlueStar

I still thought Colback was w***. No composure whatsoever. :dontknow:

At some point he had possession of the ball smack in the center of the pitch. He did his usual dallying taking an eternity to make a decision as to what to do with it. Two Rotherham midfielders pounced on him like hyenas, took the ball off him and left him on the floor licking grass. f***ing soft s****.

We were the better team despite not getting out of second gear all game. I don't like to lead with only one goal though as it's a very thin line between 2 points dropped and 3 won. We need to finish teams off earlier. Leading with only one goal will always give the opposition hope of scoring a goal in whatever way late on. One in the post for example (Gouffran i know) and god knows how many late corners and long throw ins at the end.

Dummett was very poor i thought. Good in the air but my God he is poor on the ball, punting it forward to no one and also got skinned a few times.

Yeah you'd hope that once Lazarr settles in and gets a few games he'll add something different to the side. Probably see more of him second half of season but we need a bit more down that left side.

Guest neesy111

Anyone else notice the two-faced rat Steve Wraith was in attendance.

One massive plus of the Ashley regime was this cunt fucking off to do other things of a match day.

He attends most games nowadays.  Agree totally with your view of him.

Dummett was very poor i thought. Good in the air but my God he is poor on the ball, punting it forward to no one and also got skinned a few times.

Yeah you'd hope that once Lazarr settles in and gets a few games he'll add something different to the side. Probably see more of him second half of season but we need a bit more down that left side.

It's October now and he (Lazaar) isn't even getting a look in yet.

Canny day.

LFEE & Sewelly :thup: :thup:

:thup: Good people! Cheers again.

Thoroughly decent day, that. Rotherham your standard post-industrial UK town thats had it rough for decades now, but I'm loath to call it a shithole. Good pub, nice ale, canny stadium and all round a very hospitable town.

Performance was fairly shite I thought and we made harder work of it as is completely necessary, but we weren't massively troubled by them and I'll take 0-1 away wins all season long.

One of the things that I would imagine is great about being in this division, is all the trips you get to make to relatively close Yorkshire. I remember with a lot of fondness trips down to Barnsley, Shef Wed and Leeds, when we were in our prime during the KK years. I live in a city now that is about the size of the whole of the northeast and where it's 500 miles to the nearest city of any size, England is a pretty amazing and unique place, I miss it dearly.