Newcastle United 3 - 1 Brentford - 15/10/16 - Post-match reaction from page 15

Disco

Considering it was a game with no bad tackles and no contentious decisions, the referee was absolutely hopeless and loved being centre of attention

Atsu was about half hour late for his tackle, that was a definite yellow, Gouffran's was a definite yellow too, can't remember what Colback got booked for tbh.

All 3 of theirs were yellows, 2 for fouls and one for dissent when he had a hissy fit and threw the ball down aggressively

It was his reluctance to play advantage which was why he was hopeless

He also should probably have sent their defender off for catching one of our players in the face with an arm when he was already on a yellow card now that I think about it

It was his reluctance to play advantage which was why he was hopeless

No idea why he didn't play advantage for the foul on Gouffran when their guy got booked, think about 2-3 times he could of played advantage today

Well i'm not worried or anything but personally i like to see how other teams do compared to us. We will get promoted i think but it would still be nice to pull away a bit.

I think the table is a bit misleading right now, if you look at who we have played. We've played all bar Brum in the top 9, while only played 3 teams in the bottom 9. Where as Norwich each week seem to have an easy game (except  when they played us of course), they've done very well, but I think they've been helped massively with the fixture list. I think we are a class above everyone in the division, there will be times we don't get a result but that will be largely down to our own failing rather than being beaten by a team with more quality.

If you take away those shit first 2 games we've W8 D1 L1 and scored 24 goals - I reckon we're going to be OK.

I remember it like yesterday when i was in Newquay and asked the owner at a surf shop if he knew the score in the Newcastle game (Huddersfield) and i thought he was joking :lol: Thank God we've picked up big time since that. Cost me 4 surf boards, but the owner reached his daily budget :thup:

Sobered up now to post.

Master class display from Shelvey, ive been saying how terrific hes been but he went up a notch yesterday.

Never been so comfortable at a match for years like yesterday, great stuff and long may it continue.

The fun has come back to NUFC

Went with my Brentford supporting mate. Shelvey totally ran the show like. I counted one misplaced pass the entire game, getting towards the end, which some cunts found the nerve to moan about :lol:

We controlled the game without getting out of 2nd gear tbh. For Brentford, Hogan looked static as fuck, he's their main man really. Can't remember his name but their right back looked decent.

As soon as I saw Colback make a bursting forward run and play a forward pass at the end of it I told my mate his team were fucked :lol:

Ref was the reason why. He was a joke (again) by the sounds of it.

He was just plain awful. Pretty much picked up from where he left at Fulham away.

Probably going to have to learn to live with how bad they are considering the Premier league standard (with a couple of exceptions) is little better.

This was surprisingly easy like, they were woeful at the back.  Shelvey just ran the show and they gave him the freedom of the pitch to do it, Gayle and Atsu kept finding pockets of space and ran off their markers with ease.  Gayle's first man, just able to pick it up turn and finish in the box at an absolute canter.  This as well without Ritchie even making the squad, our squad strength will really start to show over Christmas and into January.

:lol: Aye, couldn't believe the amount of time Gayle had for his first. Clark was in absolute acres, as well. We've just got too much quality not to exploit defensive lapses like that; and Brentford are meant to be one of the better sides in the division.

Starting to annoy me a bit now that we keep winning but still aren't in the top 2 if Huddersfield pick up a point today.

Probably just need to be patient.

I'd have taken 6th at end of September when I saw the opening fixtures and still think were slightly ahead of the game despite being 2nd/3rd.