Newcastle United 3 - 1 Brentford - 15/10/16 - Post-match reaction from page 15

Disco

"In control without really putting Brenford to the sword."

We won by 2 clear goals Mick you fucking idiot.

Much as I loathe to side with the negative fucker, he has a point really; there was every bit of potential for us to hammer them today.

Much as I loathe to side with the negative fucker, he has a point really; there was every bit of potential for us to hammer them today.

We scored 3 goals.

A 6-0 would have been nice, aye, but still. 3 goals.

We scored 3 goals.

I'm not playing down the goals we scored or the result :lol: He's just making a point that considering we got 2 early goals and an early one in the second half, there was potential for a bigger win. It's a fair enough comment IMO.

We won by 2 clear goals Mick you f***ing idiot.

Much as I loathe to side with the negative f***er, he has a point really; there was every bit of potential for us to hammer them today.

We scored 3 goals.

Plus we've another game in a matter if days so no point going all out to score 5 or 6 and wasting our energy especially when Brentford hardly looked threating for most of the match.

Totally right to take it easy enough to win comfortable in the end and go home happy with the two goal win imo.

Rafa's far too ruthless to go chasing the game when we're 3-0 up. He won't give the opposition even the sniff of a goal if he has his way. He's probably more pissed off at the goal we conceded than us not scoring 5 or 6.

For this season and at least the first part of next should we go up, results are all that really matter. We'd all like to hammer everyone but it's just not the priority right now.

Incremental improvements whilst winning is perfectly fine, this is hopefully a long term thing under Benitez.

For this season and at least the first part of next should we go up, results are all that really matter. We'd all like to hammer everyone but it's just not the priority right now.

Incremental improvements whilst winning is perfectly fine, this is hopefully a long term thing under Benitez.

Especially considering we are clearly rotating players when there are midweek games.

Every win with Colback in the team is a blessing. Good result.

:lol: fair point

It's so sad because I genuinely feel that way :lol:

Never feel confident when I see him in the team. Chuffed Rafa has found a way to get results while using him, but can't wait till he's gone.