Barnsley 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 18/10/16 - Post-match reaction from page 16

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

Never any doubt tbh, we were so much better than them from start to finish. I've said it loads, but Diame is really unfairly criticised. He's not amazing but he has a role and I think he'll grow into it. He's certainly more suited (and playing better) than Perez, who seems to get away with having been out of form for 18 months a lot more than Diame whose played a handful of games and contributed far more this season. Rafa's just not going to play 442, so it's him or Perez and Mitrovic or Gayle. Gayle is undroppable, Perez and Diame are interchangeable.

Doesn't need to be 4-4-2, Could be Gayle off Mitrovic or Murphy.

FWIW I think when Murphy is fully fit and fully intergrated I think that's what we'll do, call it 4-4-1-1 0r 4-2-3-1 whichever you want.

Why would you move Gayle anywhere though? It's not broken, at all.

Never any doubt tbh, we were so much better than them from start to finish. I've said it loads, but Diame is really unfairly criticised. He's not amazing but he has a role and I think he'll grow into it. He's certainly more suited (and playing better) than Perez, who seems to get away with having been out of form for 18 months a lot more than Diame whose played a handful of games and contributed far more this season. Rafa's just not going to play 442, so it's him or Perez and Mitrovic or Gayle. Gayle is undroppable, Perez and Diame are interchangeable.

FWIW I think when Murphy is fully fit and fully intergrated I think that's what we'll do, call it 4-4-1-1 0r 4-2-3-1 whichever you want.

So move Gayle out of position when he's playing so well in his current position?

Doesn't make much sense to me.

Why would you move Gayle anywhere though? It's not broken, at all.

:thup: I like Mitrovic and I hope he gets his chance at some point in the season, but there's really no need to change anything yet. We're comfortably putting games to bed and rarely look troubled at the back.

Guest firetotheworks

Gayle's second was pretty similar to Harewood's at Oakwell back in 2009

Aye, dink over the GK who's coming out.

It reminded me of Ginola to Asprilla vs Liverpool in the second 4-3.

Guest neesy111

Good, comparison.

Guest firetotheworks

First 4-3 wasn't it?

Nah, that was Lee to Asprilla and an outside of the foot dink. I mean the long, looping lob in the second one.

So move Gayle out of position when he's playing so well in his current position?

Doesn't make much sense to me.

Look at the space afforded to Perez at QPR, Look at the chaos in the Norwich defence when Mitrovic came on, personally I think Gayle could benefit from it, especially looking forward to next season should we get promoted as he'll not be in that role.

First 4-3 wasn't it?

Nah, that was Lee to Asprilla and an outside of the foot dink. I mean the long, looping lob in the second one.

Completely gone from my memory that one

Can only remember Barton equalising and totally hoofing the fluffy microphone :lol:

Good, comparison.

Aye but nah. Asprillas finish was further out and a work of geometry.

Just got in and haven't really followed today's match but reading back through the thread was funny. People have moved on from comparing Diame to Sissoko to comparing him to Shola I see. :lol:

Match threads aren't always the best indicator how a game has gone, usually the best insights come after the game when those who were there get back and put in a report.