Barnsley 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 18/10/16 - Post-match reaction from page 16

Dave

Some of our passing today and against Brentford has just been a step above this league. It really shows how Rafa is drilling in his methods now, more so than ever before. I'm not just talking about Shelvey's 50 yard diagonal passes, but passing in little triangles etc.

I think a week off for the international break has done us good since we may have been able to dedicate 1 or 2 more training sessions to things like this rather than game tactics.

Diame was poor, not sure how many can get passed that fact.

His end product is questionable at times but I thought it was one of his better performances today. He still has a lot of room for improvement, but I wouldn't have picked him out for criticism today.

Would still rather see Mitro play, but Rafa knows best.

On route home... Solid win, another tricky away test passed and top of the league - roll on Saturday!

Diame gave a 3/10 performance in the first half but he was pretty good 2nd, as was everybody. Standard win. Barnsley offered absolutely f*** all.

The highlights made it look all Barnsley with us scoring a couple of goals against the run of play !!

Had some right fucking doylattos  behind me today like. They complained like 4 times from the cross to our first goal. Complained how Diame passed it even when it was right. You name it and they complained. Absolute shit houses.

We don't need impatient little twatfish at the game. Just get behind them ffs.

That aside...50/50 first half but we showed our class in the second. Deserved win. Looking like champions

Barnsley is a disaster to get out of.

Solid win, as comfortable as Saturday. Like this.

Really?! Took us 10mins straight after the game [emoji38]

FTR Diame was poor but unfairly criticised as I feel is too often the case these days. Namely down to the fact we have a retarded element of our fan base.

The kid needs confidence, he doesn't hide and his overall game play is average at present.

Diame gave a 3/10 performance in the first half but he was pretty good 2nd, as was everybody. Standard win. Barnsley offered absolutely f*** all.

The highlights made it look all Barnsley with us scoring a couple of goals against the run of play !!

Yeah, that's the impression I got. I then looked at WhoScored who say it was 17-8 shots in our favour, 6-2 for shots on target.

These midweek matches always sneak up on me. Seems like nothing much to see here, business as usual. Gayle rolling right along.

I love the championship for this reason, it's always just a couple of days till the next game, except when it's the fucking stupid arsing international break :)

“We made two changes, Ayoze and Colback to make sure we were physically stronger. We protected the centre-backs with Hayden and Jonjo was passing and moving the ball.

“Diame was working hard too, and the full-backs.

“We were solid because everybody knew what they had to do.”

Good to hear that he doesn't see Colback as physically strong :lol:

Barnsley is a disaster to get out of.

Solid win, as comfortable as Saturday. Like this.

Really?! Took us 10mins straight after the game [emoji38]

FTR Diame was poor but unfairly criticised as I feel is too often the case these days. Namely down to the fact we have a retarded element of our fan base.

The kid needs confidence, he doesn't hide and his overall game play is average at present.

Aye, made the mistake of going in the away car park, took about an hour to get out.

Tbf Diame didn't get much stick, received good applause when he went off.

Whenever I catch bits of the game on those periscope streams.  Fans are always going off about Diame.  Heard a bit of racist stick in the Norwich game and I'm forever hearing a knacker or two shouting "get him off" after a mistake :lol:

I'm not a fan of his from what I have seen so far.  He often makes the wrong decision when he gets near the box and quite regularly slows play down with an extra touch or two.  But the level of abuse and criticism he is getting from some, does seem a bit ridiculous.

Guest firetotheworks

The whole defence played well, but Barnsley were a gigantic pile of shit as well like, they didn't really test any of them.

Diame was fucking awful yesterday, at one point in the second half you could tell he didn't want the ball either.

its this................and the reason he gets stick is that the fucker is on a million a year for waltzing round pretending to be a footballer, absolute shitehawk