Newcastle United 3 - 0 Ipswich Town - 22/10/16 - Post-match reaction from page 9

Wullie

Guest firetotheworks

Mick :clap:

We were beaten by the better team, beaten by the champions.

If I see a better team than that this year, I’ll be surprised.  I’ve just spoke to the players, That was one of those days where we couldn’t do a lot about it. We tried everything to stop them and to get a foothold in the game.

To be fair, the one pleasing thing was we kept it at 1-0 for 70 minutes. We gave the ball away from a throw for the second goal, but nevertheless the finish was fabulous. All three of the finishes were fabulous.

I wonder if we’d have had those chances, or anybody else, would they have scored them? I don’t know.  They were better than us, they are better than us and they’ll be champions in my view.

When people go on about Proper Football Men, Mick McCarthy is who they should be talking about tbh, he's one of the most straight-talking, no nonsense blokes around. Impossible not to like imo.

Just seen the goals, and they were beautiful. But why are the players running around even when they don't have the ball? And what is all that quick passing, are we in a hurry or something? Also playing the ball forward between the opposition's lines and in triangles.. Weird Spaniard.

Guest Howaythetoon

The absolute melt sitting next to me (not Neesy) was going apoplectic that we didn't deliver the ball into the box for that 93rd minute corner. :lol: :anguish:

Giggs...

If I see a better team than that this year, I’ll be surprised.  I’ve just spoke to the players, That was one of those days where we couldn’t do a lot about it. We tried everything to stop them and to get a foothold in the game.

To be fair, the one pleasing thing was we kept it at 1-0 for 70 minutes. We gave the ball away from a throw for the second goal, but nevertheless the finish was fabulous. All three of the finishes were fabulous.

I wonder if we’d have had those chances, or anybody else, would they have scored them? I don’t know.  They were better than us, they are better than us and they’ll be champions in my view.

When people go on about Proper Football Men, Mick McCarthy is who they should be talking about tbh, he's one of the most straight-talking, no nonsense blokes around. Impossible not to like imo.

The GIFs alone are enough to like him.

Just seen the goals, and they were beautiful. But why are the players running around even when they don't have the ball? And what is all that quick passing, are we in a hurry or something? Also playing the ball forward between the opposition's lines and in triangles.. Weird Spaniard.

:thup: :lol:

He could croon Careless Whisper to me anytime.

I was at the game today and was convinced that Ipswich didn't touch the ball before we scored. It's not been mentioned anywhere else so can anyone here confirm?

I said the same, aside from the header that directed the cross to Perez they defo didn't touch it I'm sure!

hes a canny bloke Mick like, hopefully turns them around and takes them up along side us, and fucks off Norwich and Villa.