Newcastle United v Preston North End (League Cup) - 25/10/16 at 19:45 (no UK TV)

Figures 1-0 Football

Fully expect us to make 6-9 changes, but expect any team we put out to win this.

Would love us to get through this, the thought of a quarter final place :cheesy:

No idea what team we'll put out, but my best guess :lol: 3-1 win anyway.

Sels

Lazaar

Mbemba

Hanley

Anita(?)

Hayden

Shelvey(?)

Gouffran(?)

Perez(?)

Atsu

Mitro

Can't see Benitez changing the whole back 5.

My guess:

Sels

Yedlin - Mbemba - Clark - Dummett

Hayden - Shelvey

Atsu - Diame - Gouffran

Mitrovic

Interesting to see who starts. Darlow was playing in the cup games when Sels was playing the Championship games. Maybe Rafa will put Sels in for the cup games? The following didn't start on Saturday but a lot of them could be in the starting 11 on Tuesday: - Sels, Mbemba, Hanley, Lazaar, Anita, Hayden, Diame, Mitrovic, Tiote and Murphy.

They've taken 10 points from Villa, Brighton, Huddersfield, Norwich. Strong form.

Think it will be a tough game. Interesting to see who comes in. So useful this season, our benches always seem pretty strong.

Would take a narrow win all day long here. The quarters in sight  :lol:

Guest TheBallWinner

I don't expect to win both of these games. I'd take a loss in the Cup for a win in the League!

I can see a 3-1 win Tuesday and 1-1 on Saturday, though.

Johnson's been good for them for a while now, been chipping in with a few decent goals too. Beckford should be back in time to face us too. They're in good form right now but so are we, it will be a tough test but trust Rafa to get it right.

I think we'll lose one of the two games against this team they are in great form right now, not sure yet which one I would prefer us to win, logically it would be the league game but at the end of the season 3 extra points might not make any difference whatsover and it would be nice to eventually have decent cup run. Obviously ideally we win them both.

I think we'll lose one of the two games against this team they are in great form right now, not sure yet which one I would prefer us to win, logically it would be the league game but at the end of the season 3 extra points might not make any difference whatsover and it would be nice to eventually have decent cup run. Obviously ideally we win them both.

Benitez will be looking at nothing other than two wins. I'd take the cup win IMO. With this manager in charge we have a good chance of going very far in any cup competition we enter.