Newcastle United 6 - 0 PNE (EFL Cup) - 25/10/16 - Post-match reaction from pg 27

BlueStar

Last night was fucking mint. The performance, atmosphere, attendance goals and scoreline all perfect.

It's such a good feeling to be enjoying supporting this club, long may it continue. Already buzzing for Saturday :lol:

So refreshing to see that even at 4-0 or 5-0 up, if we lost the ball, how they immediately tried and win it back.  All of them are working so hard all of the time.

Even at 6-0, as soon as Preston kicked off again we were literally straight onto them wanting the ball back. It was fantastic to see.

Saw that, didn't see who it was but he sprinted from the half way line right to the receiving player from their kick off.

I just hope that style of play doesn't burn us out anytime soon. The character the players are showing is fantastic and I get the impression that they all really want to stay on top of the pile and get promoted. It's so f***ing weird :lol:

We've got the squad depth to go the distance with this style imho. Before we had the likes of Bigi, Ameobi, Dummett (a few years ago), coming in to replace our first 11. Now, we've got full internationals covering positions. Amazing restructure Rafa has completed off the back of the player sales in the summer.

Shelvey's the only one I'm worried about, I didn't want him to play last night but thankfully he hardly had to break a sweat. At least until we're automatically promoted he's probably going to be asked to play every league game. Maybe even in the coming cup games given how far in we are.

Shelvey's the only one I'm worried about, I didn't want him to play last night but thankfully he hardly had to break a sweat. At least until we're automatically promoted he's probably going to be asked to play every league game. Maybe even in the coming cup games given how far in we are.

Got to remember though Shelvey has only recently had a 2 week break due to internationals and will be getting another one after next week.

I just hope that style of play doesn't burn us out anytime soon. The character the players are showing is fantastic and I get the impression that they all really want to stay on top of the pile and get promoted. It's so fucking weird :lol:

We haven't really played with that much intensity much this season, we usually look like we have an extra gear if we really want to put the pressure on. Yesterday's line up was far from typical.

Both in this and the QPR game we have not just got lucky with some good finishing that has run up the score but we've probably been unlucky not to score more. 25 shots at goal to 1 is just crazy stuff. There's a lot of positives to take out of the game.