37 Laurent Charvet

Louis Saha

Subs

Georgios Georgiadis

Andreas Andersson 

18 Aaron Hughes

24 Garry Brady 

37 Steve Harper

was at NUFC v LEEDS Boxing Day early 70's (very early) St James was locked out at 1.30pm game kicked off at 3.00pm, was in Leazes end with the old floodlights Frank Clark played a stinker then goes to Forest and wins champions league or equivalent, Leeds were the bee's knee's then.

Our record at Elland Road from .com:

1998/99 Won 0-1 Solano

First NUFC game I attended.

Team on the day:

1 Shay Given

2 Warren Barton

2 Andy Griffin

4 Nolberto Solano 

6 Steve Howey

11 Gary Speed

14 Temuri Ketsbaia

16 Dietmar Hamann

19 Stephen Glass 

37 Laurent Charvet

Louis Saha

Subs

Georgios Georgiadis

Andreas Andersson 

18 Aaron Hughes

24 Garry Brady 

37 Steve Harper

We were set high up in the family end, about 15 of us down in Leeds for our 21st birthdays. Ended up getting involved in a massive ruck after Solano scored, seemingly there were quite a few Leeds nutjobs who sat up there aswell.

s**** club, s**** fans, s**** ground, s**** owner. Bit embarrassing for them given where they used to be that their biggest game in about 10 year is against us who aren't even competing in the same neck of the woods of the league as them.

Absolutely spot on, by far and away the most overrated club in English football history.  You often hear and see the phrase "Newcastle have won fuck all", well we've won a lot more than 6 trophy Leeds. 

I've been to Leeds loads of times.  The 3-4 is obviously memorable and always will be.  We were top of the league before the game and they were second.  However I enjoyed the one the season before just as much.  They were unbeaten for something like 12 months in the league, and we were mid table and struggling.  Robbie Keane scored in the first minute, and we thought here we go, but a CLARENCE ACUNA driven toon, saw us come back and win 1-3.  Shola came on and scored a beauty that's how bizarre it was. 

Given

Barton

Hughes

Goma

Quinn

Solano

Lee

Acuna

Speed

Ameobi

Gallacher

That was the side, not even as good a toon side as we have now.

The only reason Leeds competed in the Premier League for 3 or 4 seasons was money that they couldn't afford.  They've paid the price ever since.  As for the actual game, aye they've put a few results together lately, but 2-0 home wins over Burton and a fortnight ago 1-1 draws at home to WIGAN ATHLETIC in front of 19,000, hardly makes me worry about this game.  They seriously don't have one player who would improve our squad, so I for one will be hugely disappointed if we don't get a win down there. 

Aye, never understood this 'Newcastle have won fuck all' and  comparing them to Leeds as if LUFC won trophy after trophy back in the day. People forget that Leeds have done absolutely nothing in the past 15 years, absolutely nothing. Yeah, they've got a good history and certainly their away following is one of the better ones in the country but I'm certainly not envious of them- past or present.

I'd take a draw here tbh. Away from home, Elland Road will be absolutely baying for a win- arguably their biggest home league match since their PL days. They're on a roll but we have also won 7 in a row in the league :lol: I'll go 2-1 to us. Gonna be buzzing/nervous come kick off though. I know too many Leeds fans to face losing tbh.

Aye, never understood this 'Newcastle have won f*** all' and  comparing them to Leeds as if LUFC won trophy after trophy back in the day. People forget that Leeds have done absolutely nothing in the past 15 years, absolutely nothing. Yeah, they've got a good history and certainly their away following is one of the better ones in the country but I'm certainly not envious of them- past or present.

I'd take a draw here tbh. Away from home, Elland Road will be absolutely baying for a win- arguably their biggest home league match since their PL days. They're on a roll but we have also won 7 in a row in the league :lol: I'll go 2-1 to us. Gonna be buzzing/nervous come kick off though. I know too many Leeds fans to face losing tbh.

I don't know if they have that good a history to be honest. They've won fewer trophies than 16 clubs.  6 trophies, and 5 of them were over 10 year spell mid 60s to mid 70s.  It's alright, but we have more identity than them, won a lot more, granted most of it too long ago.

Aye, never understood this 'Newcastle have won f*** all' and  comparing them to Leeds as if LUFC won trophy after trophy back in the day. People forget that Leeds have done absolutely nothing in the past 15 years, absolutely nothing. Yeah, they've got a good history and certainly their away following is one of the better ones in the country but I'm certainly not envious of them- past or present.

I don't know if they have that good a history to be honest. They've won fewer trophies than 16 clubs.  6 trophies, and 5 of them were over 10 year spell mid 60s to mid 70s.  It's alright, but we have more identity than them, won a lot more, granted most of it too long ago.

Most of our trophies were won in short spells.

They have a decent haul of cups, not massive, but decent. Ok they have been known to change their colours in the past and only started playing in white in the 60's, but still they have decent history. They have a good following as well, what you have to remember about Leeds is that 50% of the population is lost to rugby, also it's in the M62 corridor so you have plenty of other clubs near it, Manchester United, Liverpool, and Sheffield Wednesday all historically big clubs in near proximity. You also have many other clubs near them all trying to capture supporters from the same area, Huddersfield and Bradford in there, and to lesser extent and more recently Hull, Doncaster, Barnsley, Rotherham, and Middlesbrough. In hindsight the crowds Leeds get are impressive, considering what they have been through over the last 10-15 years as well.

most of our trophies were won in short spells.

They have a decent haul of cups, not massive, but decent. Ok they have been known to change their colours in the past and only started playing in white in the 60's, but still they have decent history. They have a good following as well, what you have to remember about Leeds is that 50% of the population is lost to rugby, also it's in the M62 corridor so you have plenty of other clubs near it, Manchester United, Liverpool, and Sheffield Wednesday all historically big clubs in near proximity. You also have many other clubs near them all trying to capture supporters from the same area, Huddersfield and Bradford in there, and to lesser extent and more recently Hull, Doncaster, Barnsley, Rotherham, and Middlesbrough. In hindsight the crowds Leeds get are impressive, considering what they have been through over the last 10-15 years as well.

They don't impress me, and you're right it's not a football town despite it's 900,000 population.  Fans of knives they were in the 70s and 80s, even though my brother in law (who lives in London) is Leeds through and through, I've got nothing but contempt for them.  Sunderland are a far better club in my eyes.

Our record at Elland Road from .com:

1998/99 Won 0-1 Solano

First NUFC game I attended.

Team on the day:

1 Shay Given

2 Warren Barton

2 Andy Griffin

4 Nolberto Solano 

6 Steve Howey

11 Gary Speed

14 Temuri Ketsbaia

16 Dietmar Hamann

19 Stephen Glass 

37 Laurent Charvet

Louis Saha

Subs

Georgios Georgiadis

Andreas Andersson 

18 Aaron Hughes

24 Garry Brady 

37 Steve Harper

We were set high up in the family end, about 15 of us down in Leeds for our 21st birthdays. Ended up getting involved in a massive ruck after Solano scored, seemingly there were quite a few Leeds nutjobs who sat up there aswell.

Up top right of the family stand? (If you're looking down at the pitch) - if so I remember that clear as day as I was about 10 rows in front! Remember people tumbling down the rows

Really looking forward to this one ...  Even more so that I've seen  next week's rota today and I'm off sunday...  Canny beat a Sunday on the piss..... Think it's gonna be a cracking game and I'll be happy with a point tbh think they will be up for it as it's a full house , and they're playing us the league leaders ! Managed by one of the best managers in the world !.... Also I share everyones opinions on here about Leeds ! Horrible club with horrible fans

Is it just me or are Leeds playing up to this game a lot more than other sides. I mean...We don't give a fuck about them do we? [emoji38]

I think we do mind.

Was always a big game against Leeds always.

I'd like to beat them more than other clubs like I guess...

Maybe it's because their mentality / fans...