Leeds United vs Newcastle United - 20/11/16 @ 13:15 - SS1

I don't do it because its time to move on and let things lie.

Did the families actually come out and say they wanted it to stop? Never saw that anywhere but had heard it, if so it makes it even worse.

Isn't it just a constant reminded of losing their loved ones at this point, people have to move on and so should the crowd.

I think it's necessary that it stops tbh. The men will be remembered and their devotion to NUFC has been duly recognised and embraced. There's no need for it to continue beyond that, especially given the family's requests. Call me cynical, but if the same people are doing it more than once/every single week, I find that to be more of a self-congratulatory back-pat rather than some commemorstive gesture.

The 17th minute applause should maybe come around once every year on the match closest to the 17th of July. I cannot think of any other person or people of any stature and in any field receiving anywhere near this level of mourning before. People shouldn't be rolling their eyes at a gesture to the dead, but it's pretty hard not to in 2016.

Yeah I've been saying that for a while. Once a year, nice little nod to them, maybe in the home pre-season game or something. That's all is required really.

Witness says Shelvey was explaining how he'd eaten cous cous ONCE in a completely unrelated conversation.

:lol:

Anita gets sent off, whole stadium is spitting feathers, Shelvey and Mbemba just chinwagging about sides and condiments.

I don't do it because its time to move on and let things lie.

Did the families actually come out and say they wanted it to stop? Never saw that anywhere but had heard it, if so it makes it even worse.

Isn't it just a constant reminded of losing their loved ones at this point, people have to move on and so should the crowd.

I don't think John Alders family were bothered in the first place. I detect John was seen at of a loner. Liam's dad I'm sure wouldn't be offended if it ended.