Sexual Abuse in Football

Tooj

chelsea made the payment in 2015?  fucking hell :anguish:

Told the victim they did not agree that something happened as he couldn't prove it. Gave him £50000 to shut up and go away.

christ they need crucifying for that like, not sure what remit the FA/PL have in cases like this but that's fucking diabolical

bringing the game into disrepute would presumably apply

I hope there wasn't a coverup at NUFC. Shame on shepherd, hall and fletcher if they looked the other way. :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if there was a cover up at nufc or any other club eg tomorrows mirror

Chelsea will be demanding that £50k back.

They have waived the confidentiality clause. Problem is that they made the payment in 2015.

Looks like they are truly in the shitter, relegations likely.

Don't talk s**** man, relegation ffs.

Greg Clarke has already said he will relegate any club that paid hush money.

*Citation needed.

Daily Mirror, last week.

Cant find that anywhere - only quotes from Clarke I can find in relation to this is him saying it is "morally repugnant" if the claims of money for silence is true. FA's head of safeguarding said they'd investigate if it is illegal to do so and pass to the police if necessary but no mention of sanctioning clubs with relegation.

It'd be ridiculously messy as those who paid the money may not still be in charge of the club(s).

I hope there wasn't a coverup at NUFC. Shame on shepherd, hall and fletcher if they looked the other way. :-(

wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if there was a cover up at nufc or any other club eg tomorrows mirror

Chelsea will be demanding that £50k back.

They have waived the confidentiality clause. Problem is that they made the payment in 2015.

Looks like they are truly in the shitter, relegations likely.

Don't talk s**** man, relegation ffs.

Greg Clarke has already said he will relegate any club that paid hush money.

*Citation needed.

Daily Mirror, last week.

Cant find that anywhere - only quotes from Clarke I can find in relation to this is him saying it is "morally repugnant" if the claims of money for silence is true. FA's head of safeguarding said they'd investigate if it is illegal to do so and pass to the police if necessary but no mention of sanctioning clubs with relegation.

It'd be ridiculously messy as those who paid the money may not still be in charge of the club(s).

It's James. Take no notice.

I'm kind of struggling to see what the club did wrong here.

It's not like Spotlight, they didn't hush it up and move him on to another area within the club. They got rid straight away.

There wasn't exactly a precedent for this then. They could have done this and could have done that, but everything is black and white in hindsight.

Chelsea are a whole different kettle of fish. Their statement didn't even deny that they gave the guy hush money. It's hard to put that in any sort of good light.

Altamullan reckons it's a f***ing riot. Absolutely loves it. Plays it in his car for his ride to work.

Fool.

Personally, heaping further humiliation on Johnson is fine by me, and shed loads of our songs (all songs) are juvenile at best and distasteful at worst. However, agree given the wave of disclosures which are coming out it is gauche to sing it now. And FWIW, I've always thought it slightly cringe worthy. What I took issue with was the assertion that singing this (a) in some way belittled/was unempathic to survivors of sexual abuse; (b) the glasshouses argument that we should shut up because our club is implicated.

Personally neither makes sense to me. Apologies for assuming that someone of your evident maturity 'Hanskissedhispantz' (fuck kind of name is that) might be able to think clearly.

The idea of singing songs about rape or sexual abuse in the public domain is disgusting. Just stand back and consider that sentence. You wouldn't stand for it in any other walk and if you gleefully sing stuff like that whilst necking the ale and having a laugh all the while, you're indulging yourself, not highlighting a moral injustice.

To argue other wise is the height of ignorance. With any luck the guy is getting at least a beating a day, the poor lass must want to hear none of it let alone a load of ale heads singing it in their scores with an ear to ear grin. They need to get over their selves ffs.

Whether we have our own skeletons is a complete irrelevance to that.

Guest Howaythetoon

I could never sing along with it like and feel its shitty to do so, but its football mixed with drink, lads etc. I'll not condemn them for singing such shit, even if I detest it.

Another footballer on Victoria Derbyshire at the moment, speaking very bravely on the effect that abuse has had on him. Not sure who it is though.

He's called Billy Seymour and he used to play for Southampton.

Altamullan reckons it's a f***ing riot. Absolutely loves it. Plays it in his car for his ride to work.

Fool.

Personally, heaping further humiliation on Johnson is fine by me, and shed loads of our songs (all songs) are juvenile at best and distasteful at worst. However, agree given the wave of disclosures which are coming out it is gauche to sing it now. And FWIW, I've always thought it slightly cringe worthy. What I took issue with was the assertion that singing this (a) in some way belittled/was unempathic to survivors of sexual abuse; (b) the glasshouses argument that we should shut up because our club is implicated.

Personally neither makes sense to me. Apologies for assuming that someone of your evident maturity 'Hanskissedhispantz' (fuck kind of name is that) might be able to think clearly.

I have no idea, I never chose it :lol: My original name was even worse.

Anyway I've just seen this, what you actually took issue with was me saying grown men singing "fuck off Adam Johnson... you're a paedophile" was embarrassing. Something you've now admitted to thinking yourself.

You don't think it's in any way embarrasing that grown men are singing "f*** off Adam Johnson... you're a paedophile..."?

Do you? Have you been to a football ground before? Go read some of the 'lyrics' to some of our other classics that 'grown men' sing.

It's all good though, we'll hit the refresh button and you can get back to telling your grandad jokes.

Wait, grandad jokes? I'm right here, motherfuckers, you want some? I'm four grandads, you'll be surrounded. You won't know what's hit you or how many times.

:lol: Probably shouldn't have have had that last drink, or this next one. Put 'em up!

Right then, there's a couple of things in there that have me thinking and would like input from the old gits on here. Our PE teacher 1976-80 (aged 9-13)  insisted on no underwear under PE gear (to be fair I still never wear keks under shorts) and he'd watch us now and again in the showers, there'd be about 20 in there at a time (loads of kids in the shower can be dangerous, I saw two split heads and one broken arm from larking about), now though I wonder and that's horrible.

How, lads, leave it out. Actually, Hanswhatever, what was your original username? I've lost track. :lol: You are so tolerant. I'd be lashing out by now. Well, not me, but somebody on my behalf :lol:.

HansDownerpantz :lol: :anguish:

I typed in "funny names" into Google or something. Was cringey as out so I asked for it changed and ended up with this. Cannot even remember why.