Sexual Abuse in Football

Tooj

shepherd saying "i don't remember being told" rather than "i wasnt told". this speaks volumes. its not something anyone would forget, and i'm sure any hiring or firing on the coaches would have been discussed by fletcher with a senior board member.

With the Jimmy Savile case and now this in our national sport...is this a British thing?  I mean we never hear about this level of  stuff from any other country, is it really just us?

Is it a case of or media willing to investigate where other countries just don't bring this to public knowledge???

It's definitely not just us

With the Jimmy Savile case and now this in our national sport...is this a British thing?  I mean we never hear about this level of  stuff from any other country, is it really just us?

Is it a case of or media willing to investigate where other countries just don't bring this to public knowledge???

No way this is just happening here.

shepherd saying "i don't remember being told" rather than "i wasnt told". this speaks volumes. its not something anyone would forget, and i'm sure any hiring or firing on the coaches would have been discussed by fletcher with a senior board member.

Can see this is close to your heart, thanks for being open with us. :)

Struggle to get my head around all these horrendous revelations, so much scum walking amongst us.

I think it will be impossible to know what exactly happened at the club, who knew and what they did. The club let down the young people in it's care by the sound of things and now they need to found out was it deliberate cover up, was it willfull blindness, was it sheer incompetance? Whichever of these it was the people responsible need to be found and nothing like this can be allowed to happen at the club again, one hopes it is already as safe as can be but you can never be sure.

Guest Howaythetoon

By the way, NUFC as far as I'm concerned has done nothing wrong, its people associated with the club who have or may have done something wrong. Lets not tarnish the club's good name as unsavoury as all of this is. The guardian headline should read people who used to work for NUFC accused of cover up not Newcastle United which is an institution, not a person or people.

Guest alijmitchell

I think, it sounds fucking dodgy. I'd be gutted if the club was complicit. This country is sick man. Feel so bad for all these poor guys.

The other thing that annoys me about all this shit is that these fucking creeps have really created a fear mentality, which, as a community worker, makes my job really bloody difficult

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest firetotheworks

By the way, NUFC as far as I'm concerned has done nothing wrong, its people associated with the club who have or may have done something wrong. Lets not tarnish the club's good name as unsavoury as all of this is. The guardian headline should read people who used to work for NUFC accused of cover up not Newcastle United which is an institution, not a person or people.

The tarnishing of the club's good name or not (not that it has a good name at the moment) isn't at all important tbh. Whoever's guilty, the club, one individual, it's all the same if there was a cover up, and the semantics of people/institution is irrelevant really, an institution is intangible without its people.

I think, it sounds fucking dodgy. I'd be gutted if the club was complicit. This country is sick man. Feel so bad for all these poor guys.

The other thing that annoys me about all this shit is that these fucking creeps have really created a fear mentality, which, as a community worker, makes my job really bloody difficult

To me it's kind of irrelevant if the club was complicit or not, as this thing is far bigger than our club. If people have hid things then they deserve everything that comes their way, but the fact this has gone on at all, at any club is a damn shame and I hope the truth comes out and the victims get some form of justice, regardless of it being our club or not.

No way this is just happening here.

Of course not.

Had a coach who was later caught having brought kids back to his place and let them take showers there and had hidden cameras up to tape them, the sick fuck. Don't know if he took it further, but that's what he was sent down for. This was some years after I had him, so didn't know any of the victims.

I hope there wasn't a coverup at NUFC. Shame on shepherd, hall and fletcher if they looked the other way. :-(

wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if there was a cover up at nufc or any other club eg tomorrows mirror

I hope there wasn't a coverup at NUFC. Shame on shepherd, hall and fletcher if they looked the other way. :-(

Hall and Shepherd have denied all knowledge, if they did know there will be a trail to them.

Hall and Shepherd have denied all knowledge, if they did know there will be a trail to them.

Would be very easy to stitch up Freddy Fletcher

wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if there was a cover up at nufc or any other club eg tomorrows mirror

Chelsea will be demanding that £50k back.

They have waived the confidentiality clause. Problem is that they made the payment in 2015.

Looks like they are truly in the shitter, relegations likely.

They have waived the confidentiality clause. Problem is that they made the payment in 2015.

Don't talk shite man, relegation ffs.

Greg Clarke has already said he will relegate any club that paid hush money.

*Citation needed.

*Citation needed.

Daily Mirror, last week.