Chapecoense

Kaizero

I know loads of negative people who thrive on something horrific happening globally or locally, but what happened earlier this morning in Colombia has really got to me. Think of it like this people who know football. Imagine the toon getting to the Europa League Final. It would be a huge part of our history. This small Brazilian side Chapecoense, who have never won anything, fly to Colombia for this huge game, 81 on the plane, including 20 players 10 directors, physio's etc...and the plane crashes a day before the game killing 76 people. Death is horrific, it doesn't matter when or where it is, but I just put myself in the eyes of the Brazilian supporters, and it will be the worst day in many peoples lives. RIP the 76. I hope the club come back. This club have lost everyone bar one player, Man Utd didn't even lose this many in 1958, and it's still vividly remembered by all from that era and people from our era.

I know loads of negative people who thrive on something horrific happening globally or locally, but what happened earlier this morning in Colombia has really got to me. Think of it like this people who know football. Imagine the toon getting to the Europa League Final. It would be a huge part of our history. This small Brazilian side Chapecoense, who have never won anything, fly to Colombia for this huge game, 81 on the plane, including 20 players 10 directors, physio's etc...and the plane crashes a day before the game killing 76 people. Death is horrific, it doesn't matter when or where it is, but I just put myself in the eyes of the Brazilian supporters, and it will be the worst day in many peoples lives. RIP the 76. I hope the club come back. This club have lost everyone bar one player, Man Utd didn't even lose this many in 1958, and it's still vividly remembered by all from that era and people from our era.

Indeed. Tragedy enough, but the context makes it seem that much more cruel.

Fucking hell.

Remember flying into that airport a few years back and thinking how fucking mental it was to be weaving your way into an airport built into mountains. Can only imagine how difficult it must be trying to get emergency services out there to help the survivors.

Just awful news. :(

They were saying earlier they'd had to call it off due to the weather and were previously begging for anyone with an off road vehicle to assist due to the location.

Defender Zampiero Neto has been taken to hospital. They're hoping and looking for more survivors according to Colombian tv.

BBC reporting that another defender Alan Ruschel and two keepers survived.

They were together with a crew member and journalist Rafael Henzel the first one to be taken to hospital. In the last hour or so Zamperi Neto was found alive as well and taken to hospital, but now news are coming that one of the keepers, the #1 Danilo has passed away in hospital. These are all unconfirmed reports coming out of Colombian tv.

Alan Ruschel is on his way to hospital from the medical clinic to undergo surgeries and was apparently able to call his family and talk to them and seems to be in stable condition according to family members and Colombian TV (so probably the one story that is the most accurate at the moment).

The airplane was also refused to fly from Brazil to Colombia directly as it belongs to a Bolivian company according to regulation. So had to do a pit stop in Bolivia before flying off to Colombia. Something that seemed very unclear in the beginning as to why it would land in Bolivia first, but according to regulation and ANAC the Brazilian airplane authority a flight from Bolivia isn't authorized to fly between Brazil and Colombia without landing in Bolivia first.