Newcastle United vs Birmingham City - 10/12/16 @ 15:00 - No TV

Have we ever conceded during the minutes clap?

Aye, cant remember who it was against - but pretty sure we have.

Cheers, I thought we hadn't conceded. Not that it makes a shite of difference either so God knows why I even asked. 😁

Going to this one along with a whole host of others, about 10 thus far, family from the West Midlands, one a Birmingham City fan who is in the home end. This is a family reunion of sorts, family we haven't seen in 20 years until recently will be attending all on me. Looking forward to the pre and post match drinks and chat more than the actual game tbh. My sis is coming from London as well so cant wait actually!

Who is this, and what have you done with HTT?

Maybe people should focus on actually singing for the fucking team instead of using the match as a bloody grievance ceremony for the world! Haven't been to a match this season but the place should be full of noise every time we play. Breaks my heart that SJP is so quiet nowadays.

Definitely a different mold of support to the one we had 10 years ago even.

Got to agree wholeheartedly with this. I keep seeing posts about our amazing support , and yes the figures are amazing But it's not actually support , more like an audience.  Sadly SJP let's itself down big time when it comes to getting behind the team . Just got a feeling Rafa must be thinking what happened to the amazing scenes we saw the last game of last season ? If just some of that was present this season I think we would have been unbeaten at home right now I

interesting debate about the noise, it is shite and has been for a while..........so WHY?

i dont sing because no fucker around me sings, or i would, ive been going since 1976, i sit below the away fans and hear them the entire match but it wouldnt stop me singing, i stopped singing because i don't feel part of a group like the old days in the gallowgate corner.

it is a bit like going to the cinema at times, theres a lot of women and kid around me so i feel obliged to curb my swearing anarl, its changed , the crowd has changed at home, the away matches attract "the lads" , theres a sense of togetherness amongst the fans, its a different crowd. :undecided:

going to my first away match in yonks at Blackburn, 7000 strong, that will be a noise.  O0

interesting debate about the noise, it is s**** and has been for a while..........so WHY?

i dont sing because no f***er around me sings, or i would, ive been going since 1976, i sit below the away fans and hear them the entire match but it wouldnt stop me singing, i stopped singing because i don't feel part of a group like the old days in the gallowgate corner.

it is a bit like going to the cinema at times, theres a lot of women and kid around me so i feel obliged to curb my swearing anarl, its changed , the crowd has changed at home, the away matches attract "the lads" , theres a sense of togetherness amongst the fans, its a different crowd. :undecided:

going to my first away match in yonks at Blackburn, 7000 strong, that will be a noise.  O0

Its just the gallowgate East corner that sings now, even the rest of the gallowgate aren't bothered anymore

The atmosphere in the East corner is decent, but you can barely hear it on the other side of the ground

The atmosphere is shite everywhere in England, it's not just us. The only area of the ground that's ever any good is the away fans, and we should be proud of our away following.

The only thing that's gonna have an impact on home crowds is safe standing. Say what you want about the politics of the green brigade but if we had a similar section it would transform SJP overnight.

interesting debate about the noise, it is s**** and has been for a while..........so WHY?

i dont sing because no f***er around me sings, or i would, ive been going since 1976, i sit below the away fans and hear them the entire match but it wouldnt stop me singing, i stopped singing because i don't feel part of a group like the old days in the gallowgate corner.

Its just the gallowgate East corner that sings now, even the rest of the gallowgate aren't bothered anymore

The atmosphere in the East corner is decent, but you can barely hear it on the other side of the ground

i was in the corner at the reading game and yes it was great, i can barely hear it from my seat in the leazes, even the scroats on level 7 have gone pretty quiet  :sad:

From a TV perspective I actually prefer listening to the fans react to things on the pitch rather than constant noise like in the Bundesliga for example

yes i get that, it all sounds made up............however i bet even if we were 2-0 up tomoz the ground would be fairly quiet.

it needs a really big game to get the crowd going these days, sadly we don't have many of them, contrast that with the away following.

The atmosphere is s**** everywhere in England, it's not just us. The only area of the ground that's ever any good is the away fans, and we should be proud of our away following.

The only thing that's gonna have an impact on home crowds is safe standing. Say what you want about the politics of the green brigade but if we had a similar section it would transform SJP overnight.

100% this.

There is not a ground in the country where there is a decent atmosphere every week. You could go on the forum of any other club in the country and find similar comments to ours about atmosphere. There are also a lot worse atmospheres than ours.

I sit in the Gallowgate and do sing when the noise from the corner travels to where I sit, but it doesn't happen frequently. There are a few around us who do join in, but the vast majority don't.

Away fans are always much more vocal because they are a small unit together, have been on the p*ss all day and are stood up. But even still, a lot of the noise from the away fans at SJP doesn't make it to the Gallowgate and some seem very quiet.

its an individual choice. clap on 17th minute if you want.

i dont anymore and dont feel that anyone gets p*ssed off around me because i'm not clapping.

I was actually verbally challenged and abused for not clapping by someone resembling the milky bar kid last season. I pointed out that i'd already done it for the whole of the previous season and that even one of the victims own family have said it's unnecessary. I can't wait for that clock to change at the end of it all in each home game. Was a tragedy. I sympathise and have shown my respect but enough's enough.

Aye, desperately need Safe Standing. It's a sad reflection of English society that it is deemed a 'sensitive topic'. It's standing at a football match? As sympathetic as I am towards the Hillsborough case, it doesn't come close to a valid reason to deny people the human right to stand and watch a football match for christ sake. I'm sick to death of hearing it as a counter argument.

Agreed that 99% of home atmospheres in England are terrible. Security is now so OTT that people aren't allowed to stand together in a part of the ground and sing. Until that changes, and ticket prices at the top clubs are lowered, our game will continue to suffer.

i was in the corner at the reading game and yes it was great, i can barely hear it from my seat in the leazes, even the scroats on level 7 have gone pretty quiet  :sad:

Depends the way you look at it I guess, You can enjoy yourself in the gg corner in terms of atmosphere, it's just a case no one else around the ground can hear it...

As been noted though, pretty much all grounds are silent these days

Even the corner has been pretty quiet this season. It seems a lot of people have moved there to be in amongst the atmosphere but are not prepared to contribute to it. The Leazes End is a lost cause but the Gallowgate is also getting worse for whinging bast*rds I've noticed.

Don't know if anything can be done about it now. I just think it's what our support is these days. Incredible numbers but most of them don't get behind the players at all. Worse than that but there's a growing minority who don't offer any vocal backing and you only hear them when they're getting on certain players backs.

"No TV". Why is it they never show our games on tv? Do they not show any Championship games or do they pick other games instead? Surely we're biggest club in this shit league, if that's what they go by (like in the PL). We've played like 20 games and been on tv once ffs.